By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameStop Diaries:Gave 360 a chance.... Pt.1

halogamer1989 said:
SnakeEyez said:

Flamebait thread? Anyways, the 360 is notorious for scratching cd's while moving the console. A friend of mine who got her 360 from her brother and a few games had me connect it (she doesn't know much) so while I connected it and saw all the games he had given her - Sonic the Hedgehog, Cars and another game (forgot which one) - all of them had like a ring around it, it had that weird deep scratch look to it. In all of gaming with CDs, I have never seen anything like it and the only game that worked was Cars. I'm not saying that her brother didn't move the 360 or not, I'm just saying that that was ridiculous. While running a game that didn't work, I moved the 360 slowly from vertical to horizontal and it sounded horrible. Bad hardware design. Although if u said that he didn't move it, I wouldn't think it would get scratched up like that.

SnakeEyez, that was a bad idea. The orientation of the console is to be established before putting in a disc and not changed when in use.  It is all over the manuals and stuff.

Oh yea I know, I just wanted to see if it would scratch the game further or to hear how it sounds, as I had previously heard it sounded bad. The game was already too scratched up, it wouldn't get passed the opening cinema in Sonic the Hedgehog.

Around the Network

Gamestops let you borrow new games? That's pretty screwed up. Another good reason to only buy used games there.

gamestop= cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap!!!!!!

you dont get to borrow a new game that you have to open from the plastic n stuff only the ones that have already been opened to be put on display so its already open n what not. besides usally when you buy new they give you a plastic covered new one instead of the ones out on display.

but yeah i used to work their and i didnt like the fact of borrowing new, i only went used. you dont make enough their to pay for a scartch that does nothing to the game.

The Xbox360 pwned you dude. It knows who you are and what you think of it.

Tease.

Around the Network

Man F'n Gamestop!

I hate them. I always say when they give me a "new" game in an open box, "It's not new."

Then they say, "It is new, just opened."

Then I say, "No, to be new, it has to be factory sealed. This game is "mint" not new."

Then they say, "Sorry, this is our last copy."

They haven't said anything in the last year, because I stopped going there.

Gamestop is the worst store on the planet, and I freakin refuse to ever do business with them again, since I heard this news, that they let employees play games for free, and try to pass them off as new. That's freakin bullcrap, and I'm contacting the better business bureau, so I'll find out soon enough if this is a national policy and if I can get anything done to stop this...well I can't call it anything short of a grift, so I'll say "scam."

Also, just FYI, like the early PS2, or any console that has a hover trey instead of a snap-in disc drive, you're not supposed to move the console during play. Just remember that next time you're play testing someones "new" game for them.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

WAR_MACHINE77 said:
Well I thank you for your story as now I have more info to pass along to people so they won't shop at gamestop. The very idea of the store passing open box items off as new is completely unacceptable.

I completely agree :\ what the hell..

Check out my game about moles ^

This Story is saying a lot more about you and Gamestop then the 360..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Hmmm backfire in gamestop isle 3! xD

Tease.

This is pretty F'd up. I remeber a few years back, I went to buy a new copy of Freedom Fighters (awesome game BTW) for the Gamecube. The clerk went to the demo system, took the game out of there, put it in a case, and tried to sell it to me as new! I left in disgust. Now, I see that my "new" games have probably been taken home by employees, and played too. That is just wrong. That's like going out with a virgin who's only had sex once. I'm starting to hate Gamestop, and their awesome used game prices.