By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameStop Diaries:Gave 360 a chance.... Pt.1

Squilliam said:
The Xbox360 pwned you dude. It knows who you are and what you think of it.

I think ur right man lol.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

The dick riding myths of the phantom technological problems of the 360 on the net are getting waaaay past boderline ridiculous.

YES IT IS TRUE THAT THE XBOX 360 SCRATCHES GAMES IF YOU MOVE IT WHILE THEY ARE IN THE SYSTEM but I own a 360 and 8 games and have NEVER had a game that I own or rented end up with "light scratches" through playing it. I game on my 360 a minimum of 4 hours a day and it is sitting upright, not to mention it's refurbished.

Hmmm.... maybe I just got a super special one that is immune to all the obvious factual nonsense that ppl say about it online.

Nah.... couldn't be.....

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

I consider any game that has the shrinkwrap removed as used/open stock. I don't blame MS, I blame you and Gamestop for selling used products as new.

Ok so this thread has completely steered towards the point that gamestop allows me to borrow "new" games. Ok, whatever. I mean really, how "NEW" is a games that has been sitting in packaging for umpteen months? No one seems to complain when Gamestop takes brand new games that have set around for too long and set them out with a USED sku. A game that is still completely sealed can  become damaged if it displaces itself from the thingy inside that holds it in place. I have seen that particularly happen to PS2,PSP, and 360 games because of the way their cases are. The only one that is completely secure is the DS cases really.

And Gamestop DOES kinda sux, no arguing with that. I just work there. I sit behind a counter, listening to hundreds of ppl's issues with this or that for a living. I think some of u are just RLY paranoid. SERIOUSLY what are the chances of you getting that game that was opened. It is for the last person to ask for it, if he/she doesnt like it, dont buy it, go to another store if you want.

Gamestop has its flaws, but this aint one of them. Checking out NEW games is not really the NORM, it is for used tho. I would have gone that route but there were none of the game my friend wanted for used. And as the OP said, the store did not take it back because of like ONE LITTLE SCRATCH! The game wasnt severely damaged or anything, it just did not represent new anymore. Just becuz the plastic is not on the game doesnt mean it has been used by employees either, that gut is placed securely behind the counter to ward off theft.

U guys can try and make Gamestop to be somekind of "WALMART" like super villain but it is not. Yea everything is not negotiable like in a ma and pop shop but it is still better quality than most of them. What do you think those shops do with most of the games they possess? They DONT have a huge conglom breathing in their ear.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

now it all makes sense,,,I bought a brand new copy of burnout paradise and it wasn't in the seal ,,it had a plump type thing that sealed the box but it wasn't brand new,,,so i returned it without even knowing this,,,i m glad i returned it and got it brand new from somewhere else. those bastards.