By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How does the PS3 remain as the only unhacked system? And for how long?

Fishie said:

Corection, he said 2k5 would be the year of the PS3, then 2k6 and THEN 2k7.

Dont bring OPM into this Konnichiwa, doing so is classless as you have no idea what has transpired there and what happened since he left.

Oh come on, each platform holder has to flex his muscles to show their side they will be the best. We all  know that has nothing to do with the truth. In my oppinion, PS3 is doing what I expected it to do for years. Far from perfect, but they offer more than 360, and frankly, their hardware is thrustworthy. (4 times mate, 4 times my 360 died on me. I've sold it now, as my 3 years waranty is nearing it's end and I wanted to beat the masses selling their 360 bought on launch)

And Konichiwa, in Europe, 2007 was the year of the PS3. They came to the market a year after the 360, and they're neck to neck at this point. So PS3 sold twice as fast. That's a win in my book. I never said it would destroy the Wii though. But then again, hardcore gamers don't have much going for them on Wii. The fact that people have to mention B titles like Fatal Frame 4 to defend it, proves my point.

And yes, I know tons of people pirate stuff on PSP. But I don't (re-read my post, dude, you didn't get what I was saying), because it's too much of a hastle.

In the end, I stand by my point. At the end of this console generation, I will have had the most fun with my PS3. It's a true multimedia device, will be around much longer, will have the upper hand in games (EA is declaring it it's lead platform, which proves a lot), and doesn't crap out on you. Way to go Sony, in the end, they didn't let me down.

So go ahead, be the little "anti-sony" warrior you always where. I don't care.

Around the Network

You should know better then this Sven, I am not a Sony cheerleader and that does not make me Anti Sony.

During interviews(and you should know this) I have called out all three on their lies.
This included Miyamoto running damage control for 15 minutes when I mentioned Iwata`s we didnt deliver comments with regards to the Gamecube, Moore getting worked up at X06 when I said three times that Japan was a lost cause for MS and setting Harrison straight at GDC 07 when he said the press had always been anti Sony and how the Dreamcast back in the days was the darling of the press at PS2 expense.

I am not a cheerleader for any of these companies, that however does not make me ANTI.

I like games, good games at that and as such I dont care where they come from.
If I like em I will play them regardless of who made them.

That last one was more aimed at Konichiwa.

But still, what do you think of the PS3 at the moment? Played Pixeljunk Eden by the way (not at press events, but really played it at home)

The pixeljunk games are a continuation of the excellent work Dylan Cuthbert has been UNknown for over the last 15 years.

Dude made Starfox and Starfox 2, part of the technology he developed together with Gilles Godard was used for Mario64, he went on to Sony and developed tech for Ape Escape and Gran Turismo, made the ducky and city demos for PS2 and PSP and I think 5 years or so ago he started Q-Games.

Awesome dev, had lunch with him in Kyoto a couple years ago.

PS3 at this moment is a big dissapointment and Killzone2 wont change that one bit.

Apart from Killzone2 all the games that were supposed to turn the tide came and went and didnt do much for the system and one of them, the biggest exclusive they had just went multi platform.
Sony has been screwing up badly and I intend to ask em about it if my interview requests with Kaz and yoshida go trough.

That being said they did a lot of things right lately, lower the cost of manufacturing of the machine, get rid of the old(Kutaragi and Phill), kill of money eating hopeless projects like 8days etcetera.

Current managment might actually turn it around.

Prodigy_BE said:
Fishie said:

Corection, he said 2k5 would be the year of the PS3, then 2k6 and THEN 2k7.

Dont bring OPM into this Konnichiwa, doing so is classless as you have no idea what has transpired there and what happened since he left.

Oh come on, each platform holder has to flex his muscles to show their side they will be the best. We all  know that has nothing to do with the truth. In my oppinion, 1)PS3 is doing what I expected it to do for years. 2)Far from perfect, but they offer more than 360, and frankly, their hardware is thrustworthy. (4 times mate, 4 times my 360 died on me. I've sold it now, as my 3 years waranty is nearing it's end and I wanted to beat the masses selling their 360 bought on launch)

3)And Konichiwa, in Europe, 2007 was the year of the PS3. They came to the market a year after the 360, and they're neck to neck at this point. So PS3 sold twice as fast. That's a win in my book. I never said it would destroy the Wii though. But then again, hardcore gamers don't have much going for them on Wii. 4)The fact that people have to mention B titles like Fatal Frame 4 to defend it, proves my point.

5)And yes, I know tons of people pirate stuff on PSP. But I don't (re-read my post, dude, you didn't get what I was saying), because it's too much of a hastle.

6)In the end, I stand by my point. At the end of this console generation, I will have had the most fun with my PS3. It's a true multimedia device, will be around much longer, will have the upper hand in games (EA is declaring it it's lead platform, which proves a lot), and doesn't crap out on you. Way to go Sony, in the end, they didn't let me down.

7)So go ahead, be the little "anti-sony" warrior you always where. I don't care.

1)  What? First of all you expected a lot of great games that ended to be a hell load of dissapointments...Haze, HS, Lair then you expected what?  That the online service still would be worse on PS3?  That a lot of great titles are delayed or getting multiplatform?  That it has one of the lowes Japan devs supports?  That the sixaxis is rubbish?  That they fuck up their fans with cutting out B/C?  

2) What do they offer more?  A higher price?  Ugh why does Sony fanboys always have a X360 that brick so much X_X and a PS2 with no Reading disk problems?

3) We have a winner!!   The master of Cherry Picking!   Prodigy_BE!!

Cherry picking is the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

4) A B-game?   OPM gave it 85-92/100.  Woohaa the PS3 then only have B games?

5)  If you know it why did ya make that stupid tastement then? And yes I didn't got what you are saying and I still do.  You pirate games on the DS because Nintendo dissapoints you on your WII?
Makes sense when Atari 5200 dissapointed me so much I starting to only play Pirated games on my ZX spectrum.

6) For people like you they made this:

7)  Me the anti Sony Warrior? LOOOOOOOL.

Around the Network
Fishie said:
The pixeljunk games are a continuation of the excellent work Dylan Cuthbert has been UNknown for over the last 15 years.

Dude made Starfox and Starfox 2, part of the technology he developed together with Gilles Godard was used for Mario64, he went on to Sony and developed tech for Ape Escape and Gran Turismo, made the ducky and city demos for PS2 and PSP and I think 5 years or so ago he started Q-Games.

Awesome dev, had lunch with him in Kyoto a couple years ago.

PS3 at this moment is a big dissapointment and Killzone2 wont change that one bit.

Apart from Killzone2 all the games that were supposed to turn the tide came and went and didnt do much for the system and one of them, the biggest exclusive they had just went multi platform.
Sony has been screwing up badly and I intend to ask em about it if my interview requests with Kaz and yoshida go trough.

That being said they did a lot of things right lately, lower the cost of manufacturing of the machine, get rid of the old(Kutaragi and Phill), kill of money eating hopeless projects like 8days etcetera.

Current managment might actually turn it around.

I have to correct you on one thing though...FFXIII was not the biggest Exclusive game so far GT always have been the most succesfull game on the PS.

I should have said Third Party, my bad.

Oh okiz =p.

konnichiwa said:

1) What? First of all you expected a lot of great games that ended to be a hell load of dissapointments...Haze, HS, Lair then you expected what? That the online service still would be worse on PS3? That a lot of great titles are delayed or getting multiplatform? That it has one of the lowes Japan devs supports? That the sixaxis is rubbish? That they fuck up their fans with cutting out B/C?

2) What do they offer more? A higher price? Ugh why does Sony fanboys always have a X360 that brick so much X_X and a PS2 with no Reading disk problems?

3) We have a winner!! The master of Cherry Picking! Prodigy_BE!!

Cherry picking is the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

4) A B-game? OPM gave it 85-92/100. Woohaa the PS3 then only have B games?

5) If you know it why did ya make that stupid tastement then? And yes I didn't got what you are saying and I still do. You pirate games on the DS because Nintendo dissapoints you on your WII?
Makes sense when Atari 5200 dissapointed me so much I starting to only play Pirated games on my ZX spectrum.

Jeez dude, if you want to make a point about letdown games, and have to name Heavenly Sword as Nr 3, your whole point is kinda moot. HS was a very good game. Short, but then again, so was Ico.

I'm not gonna start arguing with you about all your "points", like in the old days, 'cause frankly, I got a life beyond this stuff.

Since it's Euro launch, PS3 has offered me enough games, an online feature that works just fine for most games (and when it doesn't that the dev's fault, not Sony's), and an amazing home entertainment package. You can bitch all you want, but the fact is that 99.9% of all consumers play games as ONE of their hobby's. And they're happy with what they've got. Some only want games and prefer 360, some (more) like to move in front of their tv and go for the Wii, and some chose the PS3 because of its lifespan and home entertainment features, on top of what they offer in games.

The conversation we're having here is the question why PS3 remains piracy free. Well, because they got their shit together. And Nintendo didn't. So that's one more choice Sony made, that will help them in the long run. You guys just don't see that the medals are handed out at the end. When every console moves on to a successor.

Oh, and here, one more sign of PS3 tech being the smarter choice in the end.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37903.html

some chose the PS3 because of its lifespan

What is its lifespan, and how does it compare to the lifespans of the 360 and Wii? Please look into the future and provide me with this information! :P