By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Beijing Olympics 2008 Thread

Canada had a pretty good day today: 3 Silver medals and 1 Bronze (It was the first track and field medal for Canada since the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, when Donovan Bailey won the 100-metre gold and was part of the 4x100 relay win. source: CBC.ca)
We now have 13 medals.

Around the Network

Great Britain are on fire! Beating those damn Australians!

I'm pissed that I missed the men's Triathlon. It's my favourite event. I really wanted to see Simon Whitfield kicking ass on the 10k run.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
I'm pissed that I missed the men's Triathlon. It's my favourite event. I really wanted to see Simon Whitfield kicking ass on the 10k run.

I wonder where you were....  Well th 10k run was not that kind of special except the last 500 meter that was phenomenal but I bet that you saw that on the news already =p.

I love the Olympics. This has been a good one, and I am definitely anticipating London, 2012.

Around the Network

Yup..I saw the 04 ones, but didnt pay much attention...cant wait till 2012.

These have been great

^_^

Argentina 3 - 0 Brazil Men's Football

;D

Saturday's the big day, Nigeria vs Argentina the great final awaits. Hope it's gold for Argentina like in 2004, though Nigeria has won the golden medal in Atlanta '96 against Argentina. But playing like Argentina did today gold is inevitable.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Two Irish boxers have now won medals, so I'm satisfied that we've at least won something.

"If all else fails, rely on the boxers." Has always been the Olympic moto in Ireland.

Woot! UK now has 16 golds! :D

quarashi said:
NintendoMan said:
Surprised how well Great Briton & U.S.A are doing. China (even if they are using unsavory means) are really racking up those golds.

Really you are surprised to see us ontop of the medal count. You are crazy. If you knew anything about overall medals in at least 20 years you would know this is nothing. Just wait til the end of the weeks. There will be more.

Lets go Redemption Team. I want to see a gold medal in LeBron and Kobe's hands as muchas i hate them

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a big Kobe fan during the NBA season, but I do respect him for now at least for the way he has been representing team and country.  Now that the team finally has some sort of a handle on their outside shooting I don't see how they can be stopped.  Spain was considered the no. 1 contender behind them, but that game was our largest victory up until that point in the tournament.  It's like watching the all-star game, but with the addition of defence.

As for 2012, I hope they can clear up this bullshit with the (alleged) age of those Chinese gymnasts.  It's in the Chinese' interests to have them be eligible, and the Chinese government issues the passports that "prove" their age.  Anybody else think that is messed up?