By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Beijing Olympics 2008 Thread

stof said:
Well, The Canadian hope for Women's triathlon goes out with a bike crash and a broken wrist. But congrats Australia!

What? Australia got a gold? *checks site*

Haha, more sailing finals today. And the Australian mens and womens 470 teams are both so far ahead of the others from the last few rounds that's it's literally impossible for them not to win gold today. Unless... disqualification D:

This will put us into third place overall :0

Around the Network

Damn. China's National Pride on the hurdles just screwed up his achilles tenden. He's still going to try but it's all over for him.

well the first attempt was a false start. After that take-off he's done. He just walked off the field. China's really going to be sad over that one.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Wow @ Xiang. The look on the faces of the Chinese in the crowd... just devastation.

The US men sweep the 400m hurdles, and we win the gold in women's discuss. Too bad Nastia got screwed again during the uneven bars. She deserved a gold and not a silver. I hope Nastia and Shawn decide to compete in London in 2012.

Jackson50 said:
The US men sweep the 400m hurdles, and we win the gold in women's discuss. Too bad Nastia got screwed again during the uneven bars. She deserved a gold and not a silver. I hope Nastia and Shawn decide to compete in London in 2012.

I thought Nastia tied with the Chinese for gold but they gave China the win for some reason I dont remember.

^_^

Around the Network
skeezer said:
Jackson50 said:

I thought Nastia tied with the Chinese for gold but they gave China the win for some reason I dont remember.

Nastia's routine had a higher degree of difficulty, but the Chinese girl had a better score in the execution. Subsequently, the competitor with a higher execution score wins. I would personally give the medal to the competitor with a more difficult routine. Why punish the competitor for attempting a routine that is more difficult?

Jackson50 said:
skeezer said:
Jackson50 said:

Nastia's routine had a higher degree of difficulty, but the Chinese girl had a better score in the execution. Subsequently, the competitor with a higher execution score wins. I would personally give the medal to the competitor with a more difficult routine. Why punish the competitor for attempting a routine that is more difficult?

Position   Gymnast   A Score   B Score   Penalty   Total  
 He Kexin (CHN) 7.700 9.025 16.725
 Nastia Liukin (USA) 7.700 9.025 16.725
 Yang Yilin (CHN) 7.700 8.950 16.650
4  Beth Tweddle (GBR) 7.800 8.825 16.625
5  Anastasiia Koval (UKR) 7.300 9.075 16.375
6  Ksenia Semenova (RUS) 7.400 8.925 16.325
7  Steliana Nistor (ROU) 7.000 8.575 15.575
8  Dariya Zgoba (UKR) 7.100 7.875 0.100 14.875

He Kexin scored the same mark as Nastia Liukin, but the Chinese won because Liukin earned the lowest of all the pairs' execution scores, an 8.80[1]

^_^

more gymnastics tonight, go nastia and shawn!!!!

Men Triathlon is going to start now :).

The rules suck Nastia Liukin got ripped off, she tied and was punished for having a more difficult routine on the uneven bars. Also on the vault alicia sacramone should have had had the bronze but the chinese girl got it even though she fell on th landing.