By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is gears of war 2 last big game for xbox 360?

CrazzyMan said:
@Cremator, don`t forget, THAT ps3 might be undertacked)
we will get shipped numbers next week.)

Console Dec 07' Mar 08' Jun 08'

Nintendo 20.13 24.45 TBA
VGchartz 19.19 23.38 28.56
Difference 0,94 1.07

Xbox 360 17.70 19.00 20.3
VGchartz 15.84 17.66 19.48
Difference 1.86 1.34 0.82

Sony PS3 10.49 12.81 TBA
VGchartz 8.87 11.44 13.97
Difference 1.62 1.37

later guys.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
CrazzyMan said:
dolemit3 said:
The upcoming PS3 games might be better but the 360 games will sell more, always has been and always will be.

dreamworld)) you have to Believe)))

I have 40+ million sellers to back up my claim

How many do you have?

There were only 6 by 2008.01.15

now it`s 15 and growing.)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
dolemit3 said:
CrazzyMan said:
dolemit3 said:
The upcoming PS3 games might be better but the 360 games will sell more, always has been and always will be.

How many do you have?

And the X360 list is growing at a much faster rate. Your point?

And FYI, Motorstorm hit the 1m mark thanks to bundles, and nothing more..

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

the funniest thing about this post is that ps3 femboys like to talk about big block buster games i think the ps3 so far has had erm one. ONE BIG GAME IN MGS4 so don't come with your o gears of war 2 will be the last big game gears of war 2 will sell more than the top 3 biggest seller ps3 games combine this year so burn your trash talk. Tell me 5 ps3 games that has sold 3 mill crazy and if they have have they sold more on the 360?????
killzone 2 was shown at e3 06 and it is coming in 2009 3 years later if that suppose to be the halo killer then you guys are pissed because in that time i bet 3 different halo games will be release

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

how often do we see sony will rock in this future year where ms will have no games.....

are developers just going to stop working on the 360?

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
kopboi said:

the funniest thing about this post is that ps3 femboys like to talk about big block buster games i think the ps3 so far has had erm one. ONE BIG GAME IN MGS4 so don't come with your o gears of war 2 will be the last big game gears of war 2 will sell more than the top 3 biggest seller ps3 games combine this year so burn your trash talk. Tell me 5 ps3 games that has sold 3 mill crazy and if they have have they sold more on the 360?????
killzone 2 was shown at e3 06 and it is coming in 2009 3 years later if that suppose to be the halo killer then you guys are pissed because in that time i bet 3 different halo games will be release

I'm desperately trying to find another game to prove you wrong with. As far as MAJOR blockbusters go, right now there really isn't another yet except MGS4....

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

mrstickball said:
CrazzyMan said:
dolemit3 said:
CrazzyMan said:
dolemit3 said:

How many do you have?

u got told crazzyman!!!!!!!!!!

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

microsoft fanboys get accused on naming every game coming out for the 360, yet all i see here is ps3 fanboys doing excactly the same tihng...... you talk about killzone 2 like its already some sort of legendary series.... sorry to burst your bubble but killzone was was total and utter sh*t and got a PATHETIC average of 71% on metacritic....... what honestly makes you guys think that killzone 2 will sell well?... the Halo trilogy is Legandary cos they got it right first time, Halo was a hugely popular game and Halo 2 and Halo 3 went on to cement Halos LEGACY..... killzone on the other hand is not LEGANDARY nor does it have a legacy due to how rubbish the first game is..... and you talk about some of the future ps3 release been 2 or 3 million sellers? ha ha ha, name me ONE PS3 EXCLUSIVE GAME that has even come CLOSE go Gears of war sales (5.5 million) and name me ONE game that has even come remotely close to Halo 3 sales (8.7 million and rising)... talk all you like ps3 fanboys, but your list of exclusives are not all that impressive AND whos to say that they will all deliver? last time i checked the 360 had 12 games over 90% on metacritic and the ps3 had a PALTRY 5.... microsoft have delivered... sony have not yet.....

Ronster316 said:
microsoft fanboys get accused on naming every game coming out for the 360, yet all i see here is ps3 fanboys doing excactly the same tihng...... you talk about killzone 2 like its already some sort of legendary series.... sorry to burst your bubble but killzone was was total and utter sh*t and got a PATHETIC average of 71% on metacritic....... what honestly makes you guys think that killzone 2 will sell well?... the Halo trilogy is Legandary cos they got it right first time, Halo was a hugely popular game and Halo 2 and Halo 3 went on to cement Halos LEGACY..... killzone on the other hand is not LEGANDARY nor does it have a legacy due to how rubbish the first game is..... and you talk about some of the future ps3 release been 2 or 3 million sellers? ha ha ha, name me ONE PS3 EXCLUSIVE GAME that has even come CLOSE go Gears of war sales (5.5 million) and name me ONE game that has even come remotely close to Halo 3 sales (8.7 million and rising)... talk all you like ps3 fanboys, but your list of exclusives are not all that impressive AND whos to say that they will all deliver? last time i checked the 360 had 12 games over 90% on metacritic and the ps3 had a PALTRY 5.... microsoft have delivered... sony have not yet.....

bravo bravo well said ( but killzone wasnt pathetic i like it )

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

axumblade said:
mrstickball said:

So that takes out Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate alliance from the 360 totals. Not trying to get involved in this. Just pointing that out.

hehe, Good Job. =) Looks like he forgot about x360 bundles. =))

mrstickball, btw, from 6 to 15 is BIGGER in %, then from 31 to 42. :P PS3 mln. sellers are growing faster with still smaller userbase.) 

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far