By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is gears of war 2 last big game for xbox 360?

I only own a ps3 and even I think that the OP's claims are outrageous.

Can love bloom on the battlefield?                 Proud supporter of this gen!!!

Around the Network
axumblade said:
mrstickball said:

And the X360 list is growing at a much faster rate. Your point?

And FYI, Motorstorm hit the 1m mark thanks to bundles, and nothing more..

So that takes out Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate alliance from the 360 totals. Not trying to get involved in this. Just pointing that out.

Forza did an extra 1.8 Million with bundles if you look at its total you'll notice that even without the bundle forza has done 2 million +

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k
Ninja Gaiden - 800k LTD [?] On its way.
Banjo-Kazooie N&B - 2 Million
Lost Odyssey - 500k LTD [X] surpassed
Too Human - 1.4 Million

axumblade said:
mrstickball said:

So that takes out Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate alliance from the 360 totals. Not trying to get involved in this. Just pointing that out.

Marvel: UA, I can agree with...Almost. M:UA sold around 600,000 copies in NA alone before bundles came about. It could of sold 1m before it got bundled, but I will give you that.

However, Forza Motorsports 2 sold 900,000+ copies in it's first 10 weeks on sale, and it debuted in May (bundles started in November-ish). So it was a million seller well before bundles ever came about.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Alan Wake
FFXIII
RE5
Bioshock 2
Fable 2

all bigger and better than Gears 2, imo.

Also, I think there's a new Bungie game in the works, so it'll probably sell better than Gears 2. :P

That said, why do these hate thread always turn into a group of PS3 fanboys pretending that their gaming lineup is "way" better than the 360s. It's not, here's why.

Of the upcoming titles that are worth a crap, 80 percent are multiplat.

20 percent are exclusive.

Both companies without argument take up at least 8 percent each of those exclusives.

The "opinion" comes in with which way that last 4 percent swings.

So basically, you're saying that the 360 is dead because it has 4 percent less great games coming to it than the PS3.

Or vice versa.

These consoles are virtually identical. Most great games are multiplat. Both sides have great exclusives like Gears, and Resistance. Both sides have overhyped exclusives like Killzone and Too Human.

Either way, there is barely any difference, graphically, or in software lineup. The lineups are interchangable, and if the PS3 had the 360's lineup, you guys would be arguing the same thing with a different set of games.

So, how can you guys even pretend you are unbiasedly judging game lineups, and saying, "Oh the PS3(or 360) has a way better lineup" when the only difference is about 4 games out of the next 100 released that swing the vote.

You buy a PS3 if you:

Are a sony fanboy
want blu-ray
are afraid of RRoD
already own a PC

You buy a 360 if:

are a microsoft fanboy
want to spend less money
want a larger immediate library
aren't afraid of RRoD, warranties, or sending your console in

This whole "Console A has a much better future game lineup" is a talking point, and total BS, because the consoles are virtually identical.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

deathgod33 said:

i think it is, i dont see anything big upcoming in 09 and beyond for xbox 360 compared to what sony and nintendo have to bring.

I do think the biggest known exclusive for the 360 is Gears 2, but what does Nintendo have to offer in the future, that we know of, that's better?

All there heavy hitters are out.

Around the Network

ZenfolderVGI speaks the truth. Aside from 4-5 games, all I do is predict wich console I'm buying the multi-plat game for. Half of the "blockbusters" that fanboys mention, all we know about them is the title. Same arguements, different day.

Wait wait! You guys are forgetting about Duke Nukem Forever, and Huxley for the 360!

Okay seriously though the 360 does have a lot of good games on the horizon. Lots of them listed by previous posters. I can think of several off the top I'm thinking about right now... all of them RPGs, yes, but hey I love RPGs. =)

I dunno what the OP is talkin about.

Didn't we have this exact same topic last year? I recall a number of people proclaiming the doom of the 360 in 08 since clearly it didn't have anything big coming after Halo..... MS seems to be keeping each year's focus on what's arriving this fall unlike Sony who's been promising us MGS, Final Fantasy and Home since shortly after launch.

Nintendo on the other hand has a large 1st party library to work from and what appears to be good teams working on unique wii games (wiiplay,fit,sports2) although it will get interesting now that all the big titles have seen a release on the Wii.

imma answer this honestly: if they don't say anything..doesn't mean there isn't anything

look at nintendo's E3...they haven't announced much..just hinted..
sadly..all the PS360 fanboys attack nintendo.

I won't attack them for only showing things to come this year..or early next year..
it's just a different strategy...

does it even matter?!

let's all wait and see

CrazzyMan said:
axumblade said:
mrstickball said:

hehe, Good Job. =) Looks like he forgot about x360 bundles. =))

mrstickball, btw, from 6 to 15 is BIGGER in %, then from 31 to 42. :P PS3 mln. sellers are growing faster with still smaller userbase.)

It seems you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what rates really mean.  Going from 6 to 15 is an increase of 9 mln sellers per whatever time frame, and 31 to 42 is an increase of 11.  Rates of percentage increase mean dick because going from 1 to 2 would be a 100% increase but at the end of the day it still sucks by any absolute measure. 

To illustrate, your 6 to 15 represents an increase of 150%  For that percentage to remain relevant the PS3 would need to generate 22.5 additional million sellers in the same time frame to arrive at a total of 37.5.  Sorry. but it's not going to happen.  Retaining the increase of 9 mln sellers for the next year would not be bad, but it would already drop the percentage increase to 60%  Thus, even if it's sales remained constant, by your logic it would appear that they are diminishing. 

In summary: you're wrong, rates of percent increase do not matter.