By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2: To Be Short - about 12 hours long for main game!

Sounds kind of like classic WRPGs like Fallout and Baldur's Gate. You can go from point A to B, but you'll miss alot of chances to develop your character(s) in terms of equipment, money, levels, etc.

Around the Network

Compared to the average next gen game 12 hours is about double the length of other games, seriously though Fable 2 seems like it is going for the do anything kind of world so a main game is not as needed.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Like many have said before me, the "short" main story is a non issue. I actually prefer the main game be a bit short. Because, I can play around with the open world and side quests, and once I'm kinda getting ready to be done with the game, I can then bust out the main game pretty quick.

Again, Oblivion's main game is maybe 20 hrs? But my save shows I put over 300 hours into the game.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

ArtznCraphs said:
Riachu said:

I am looking foward to Fable 2 as well as Fallout 3 so if you think I don't really like RPGs, you're dead wrong. An RPG can have with a real-time, turnbased battle system or even a hybrid of both. Stats are the defining element of a video game RPG, not the battle system.

And what do the stats mainly tie into practically 100% of the time? Battle mechanics. Thus you have a battle system, a stats and random number generator driven battle system, which differentiates rpgs from the other genres.

And since video rpgs are rooted in the mechanics of pen and paper rpgs, which themselves are evolved from tabletop war games, battles are an entirely important feature in an rpgs. Without those stat driven battles you have an adventure game.

But basically we agree that an RPG is an RPG as long as it's game mechanics are weighted by stats and random numerical calculations.

But don't try to tell me that the genre isn't getting dumber by the day. I've been in the video RPG hobby since the early 1980's, console and PC. I know what I'm witnessing currently.

Stats are still being used, even in action RPGs, to determine how much the damage per hit is as well as how much your character(s) will be damaged for every hit.  How are RPGs becoming dumber?

Strategyking92 said:
Strategyking92 said:
well... 12 hours for the main storyline is long....... I think the original fables main quests were about 8 hours long. Add countless engaging sidequests in between quest missions, and that actually maybe 25 hours of gameplay. I played Fable for 18 hours my first playthrough. So: 10 hours sidequests, 8 hours main storyline for fable 1, would equal 15 hours sidequests and 12 hours Fable 2..... 27 hours.... damn.

you can't challenge this logic!

guess I was right.

Fable 2 = 27 hours confirmed.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive