By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - got a new pc, recommend me some games

Hey guys, i've just recently assembled a new PC, and after completing Portal again, and finding that CoD4 runs smooth as silk at highest settings, i'm in the mood to start buying the games i missed out for the past few months/year

currently installed (including some oldies) - KOTOR2 (never finished this one), Ass Creed, CoD4, Spore CC, Diablo 2, C&C3 Tiberium Wars, World in Conflict, Oblivion 4

just a note, i'd prefer it if the games were strong in their single player campaigns moreso than their multiplayer, since i'm more interested in the single player aspect of most games

Around the Network

Mahjongg. Greatest game ever.

mass effect, devil may cry 4, orange box

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I suggest this games:
GRID Race driver
Devil May Cry 4
Crysis
AOE 3 and 2 expansion add on
Splinter Cell: double agent
F.E.A.R.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

thanks for the suggestions so far

Ah, Mahjongg.. that frustrates me way too much, hahaha

Hrm.. probably will get Mass Effect

I'm holding out on Orange Box for now, first of all i already bought Portal (separately), and i was also thinking that they might release another pack once episode 3 comes out.. but i don't know if i want to wait that long.. what do you think, is HL2:Ep1+2 worth it? (i never really got into HL1 too much)

I don't know anything about Devil May Cry, will read up about it

GRID - nfs:prostreet put me off racing games, how much better is this?

Crysis - i heard that besides the graphics/tech, the game isn't that great.. is that the case? in any case, it may be worth it to buy it just to test out my comp :P

i've got AOE somewhere, thanks for reminding me.. i should reinstall that and play it again

don't know much at all about Splinter Cell: Double Agent, what kind of game is it (FPS i imagine, but is there more to it?)

i've played both fear and stalker at a mates place, didn't enjoy them all that much

thanks again, already got a few games written down to buy.. keep em coming!

edit: oh, and welcome to the forums falcon :)

Around the Network

I recommend Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars. It's single player is kinda poor - only bots - but I find the bots sufficient for short sessions. Multiplayer is the big idea though, and personally I enjoy it very much (if I find a server with balanced teams). The game will probably take some time to get in but it's definitely worth it.

I also like Titan Quest which is a Diablo clone. You either like it or hate it, though, so I guess it's a bit about luck what you'll think about it. Personally I've been spending more time on the single player.

At the time I'm mostly playing Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom which is a city-building game. The previous parts of the series were Pharaoh and Master of Olympus: Zeus in case they happen to sound familiar. Oh, and the game is a bit older (but not terribly old) but it's good nevertheless. And one more thing, which I think you already guessed: it's mostly single-player but it has a multiplayer feature as well. I've never tried it though.

Supreme Commander seems nice as well though I've not spent too much time with it.

I can't help recommending a very old game, Wolfenstein 3D (that's 1992, you know). You'll probably hate it or won't even be able to play it because of the graphics but I think its gameplay is great, even if it's very simple.

Final Fantasy XIII

While a little dated, the Battlefield games are a nice choice for large multiplayer player mayhem.

I don't know how Battlefield 2142 is, but Battlefield 2 is fun and I play it from time to time.

I'd also recommend Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (3 has more features and such, but I hate the interface) and Sim City 4 Delux.

Sins of a Solar Empire (With a nice PC, set it up to the highest setting, get into a really big battle and just control the camera.)

BioShock

Tomb Raider Anniversary - I got it for free with my video card, but if I had known that it was good, I would have bought it.

Crysis, it's a fun game even in the lower settings.

Scrabble

Age of Empires

Finish KOTOR2

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

GRID is a great game, It has 3 type off challange, muscle car in USA, Touring car in Europe and drift in Japan.
Double agent is game like Metal Gear solid.