By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - got a new pc, recommend me some games

thanks for all the posts, i won't reply to them individually, but rest assured i read through em all, came up with a few more games i now want to get, as well as a reminder of some games i want to reinstall (starcraft/warcraft3+expansion)..

Bioshock is tempting at that price, i'll think about it for a while.. i don't have Steam though, so i'm unsure: is that price exclusive to USA?

looks like orange box is also a popular choice... it seems as though i do indeed have no choice in the matter

thanks again for all the posts thus far.. i've added about 10 games to my 'must buy' list already, and others to my 'down the track' list :P

EDIT: pshh.. solitaire and minesweeper? why play them when i can enjoy the uber graphics of 4D 3D pinball?

Around the Network
tabsina said:

thanks for all the posts, i won't reply to them individually, but rest assured i read through em all, came up with a few more games i now want to get, as well as a reminder of some games i want to reinstall (starcraft/warcraft3+expansion)..

Bioshock is tempting at that price, i'll think about it for a while.. i don't have Steam though, so i'm unsure: is that price exclusive to USA?

looks like orange box is also a popular choice... it seems as though i do indeed have no choice in the matter

thanks again for all the posts thus far.. i've added about 10 games to my 'must buy' list already, and others to my 'down the track' list :P

EDIT: pshh.. solitaire and minesweeper? why play them when i can enjoy the uber graphics of 4D 3D pinball?

Bioshock is 50% off on Steam in all regions, Australia too. Though since Australia's currency is different than US dollars, then it probably isn't $15 there. But you have to buy the game soon on Steam, because the deal ends on 28th of July (tomorrow)

Any PC gamer should have Steam. It's fairly non-intrusive, and only takes up around 20Mb of RAM atmost. It has alot of advantages too, such as auto-patching, and not needing disks to play the steam games. And yes, you can play offline on Steam, and you can backup your games on disks if you want to.

What shio said...all PC gamers should have Steam. Its really convinient in many aspects.
You want a strong single player campaign, then get steam and grab Bioshock while its cheap.
Orange Box is good too but only if you're willing to try out TF2, imo one of the most fun multi-FPSs out there. I dumped CS for TF2. Way more fun imo

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

tabsina said:

Hey guys, i've just recently assembled a new PC, and after completing Portal again, and finding that CoD4 runs smooth as silk at highest settings, i'm in the mood to start buying the games i missed out for the past few months/year

currently installed (including some oldies) - KOTOR2 (never finished this one), Ass Creed, CoD4, Spore CC, Diablo 2, C&C3 Tiberium Wars, World in Conflict, Oblivion 4

just a note, i'd prefer it if the games were strong in their single player campaigns moreso than their multiplayer, since i'm more interested in the single player aspect of most games

It was mentioned before, but needs repeating. Company of Heroes. Also Sins of a Solar Empire is great.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

tabsina said:

Of course... The Orange Box on Amazon is only $30, and the games in there are good/great. Since you already got Portal (you would have save money if you bought the Orange Box before instead), $30 for 4 games is still a good price.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network

thanks for the advice.. i'll grab steam now then

seems like sins of a solar empire is a favourite here too, might pick that one up also

in retrospect, i definitely should have gotten orange box rather than portal by itself, oh well.. might resell portal and buy orange box

Supreme Commander + Expansion
The Battle for Middle-Earth II + Expansion
Age of Mythology + Expansion (it's older, but still awesome)
The Orange Box (for Portal, if nothing else)

And of course...

Steam!

Far Cry - the original pc version

The Witcher is a nice RPG. If you want it then just don't buy it in the US because we have a censored version.