By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - got a new pc, recommend me some games

Sins of a Solar Empire (best PC game of the year, so far)
Devil May Cry 4
Mass Effect
GRID
The Witcher
Europa Universalis 3

Around the Network

I've heard good things about Quake Wars, i may hold off it for a while, since i'd prefer a more in depth single player experience

Titan Quest - Never heard of it, will definitely check it out, if its nearly as good as Diablo 2, i'll be sure to grab it

Will definitely check out rise of the middle kingdom, as i like that type of game

I used to have Wolfenstein, i say used to, only because i have no idea where the install disc is :P, but i like this kind of recommendation, i'm not worried incredibly about graphics, gameplay is the biggest factor for me

Final Fantasy XIII - ouch man, ouch :P

never heard of Sins of a solar empire, sounds good from the title :P, surely what you described isn't all you can do in the game? (will read up on it)

Bioshock - i've been thinking about this one already, i decided against it though.. just didn't seem like a game i'd enjoy when it came right down to it

wouldn't  have thought of tomb raider anniversery, i'll look into it

Scrabble - My weekly spelling bees are all the spelling activities i need in my life :P

will definitely finish KOTOR2 this time.. as soon as i get some of these other games out of the way (damn, i'm so going to forget about it again)

read a bit on GRID, i might pick it up now

Splinter Cell - hrm.. that would be a good one to try out then, i've never played a MGS game, but i've been intrigued about the gameplay for a while now

haven't heard/read anything about the witcher/europa Universalis 3, what are they all about?

thanks for all the suggestions so far

Counter strike source?

i really shouldn't get back into counterstrike source.. i had an unhealthy addiction to that game :P

btw, has anyone played Anno 1701, and if so, is it any good?

tabsina said:
i really shouldn't get back into counterstrike source.. i had an unhealthy addiction to that game :P

btw, has anyone played Anno 1701, and if so, is it any good?

Like me? i play Css atleast once a day lol

Around the Network

Sins of a Solar Empire still isn't on that list Tabsi.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

$15 Bioshock on Steam this weekend.

I'd also recommend:

*Titan Quest (shame we won't see any more of it)
*Crysis
*Ys Oath of Felghana (import-only, but there is an English patch for it and it's a super-fun, super-simple, ARPG)

Don't need a new machine for it, but the best PC game ever is Starcraft with Broodwars expansion.

I'll recommend Sins of a Solar Empire too.

If you really want an epic strategy game pick up Starcraft and it's exspansion Starcraft Brood War it is a little old but it's still a blast to play it in singleplayer you can also pick up Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos and it's Exspansion Warcraft 3 The frozen Throne it's single player is not as strong as in Starcraft and Brood War but it is still solid.

And if you llike Turn Based Strategy be sure to pick up Civilization 4 and it's exspansion the game will give you hours of hours of gameplay and the feeling of really making a civilization.

If you like a mix of Turn based stategy and Real time strategy pick up Medivial 2 Total War and it's exspansion or Rome Total War and it's exspansion Rome is a little older and is set in the Roman Empire period while Medival 2 is set in the Middleage that's the main diffrence on those games and that the graphics on Medival 2 is a little better

Personal opinion: Starcraft the best game up there but it is also the oldest and it is really hard and fast paced but it also got great voice actors and a great story.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

If you like playing other games do *not* buy Civ4!! I found that I lost several months of play-time to this infernal game!! Not to mention looking up at the clock and being surprised that, once again, it was already 3AM after I'd been playing since late afternoon...

Also, have you ever thought about subscribing to GameTap? Personally, I think it's a steal and you get tons and tons of games for, iirc, $60/yr. (including Civ4).