By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 FF13 to be released in English speaking territories before 360 version?

I'd be willing to be the farm on simultaneous releases. That's just me.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Godot said:
If SE had any sense of foresight, they could have made 2 Final Fantasy on Wii in that same time period with a larger userbase in Japan and everywhere else rather than downgrading their own extremely expensive PS3 optimized engine.

They spent so much time and money developing that Engine for PS3 and they thought that they could use it for pretty much all their games of the generation...

Yeah but knowing the surrent S-E, it would've been 2 ports/remakes not new games. FFX and FFXII ports most likely with extra content

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Dolla Dolla said:
He said early 2009 release ........ funny.

He "miswrote"; he meant early 2010 in Japan

DQIX = 2009

FFXIII=2010

can't release in the same fiscal year.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Why can't we just wait and see?

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

I think that SE needs to clarify this. There current plan as I understand it doesn't make sense. They are going to finish the game and release in Japan, then they are going to localize the game for the PS3 while porting to the 360 for a simultaneous release. Won't it take them longer to port the game to the 360 than it will to localize on the PS3 for a western release? In my opinion, SE will either release a 360 version in Japan or will release the PS3 version to NA and PAL before the 360.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

@dbot: According to the latest news, the canonical version is the PC one, PS3/360 versions are ports (and likely independent ports as the two architectures are so different).

I agree that there seems to be some strangeness in those claims about portinf from PS3 to 360, especially with these latest news.

EDIT - forget this post, I just noticed I had misread the kotaku report:

http://kotaku.com/5028961/of-course-final-fantasy-xiii-is-pc-bound

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Gobias said:
Why can't we just wait and see?

Oh I don't know because it has already been confirmed by IGN, Square Enix and 1up that is day and date in the US and EU. Seems pretty clear to me especially when 1up went out of their way to ask SE this question twice just to make sure.

MS didn't just get the port they got day and date just like GTA IV.

Burgles said:
Stats87 said:
NJ5 said:
Stats87 said:

The decision to bring Final Fantasy XIII to Xbox 360 was only made recently.
Work on the Xbox 360 version of the game would not begin until the PS3 version of the game was completed.
That both version of the game would require a period of localization.
It was later revealed to us in an intimate hour long interview with the developer (that will appear in the next issue of Official PlayStation Magazine Australia on sale August 13th) that the game would not be ported to “other formats” until the localization of the PS3 version was completed.

His main argument stems from this.

His reasoning is that he does not believe SE will just have the finished PS3 version sitting around while they port the XBox 360 version. The only way this does happen, is if Microsoft pays out tons of money for this to occur. (which is unconfirmed, but assumed)

As I said, his argument rests on nothing but speculation... The only definite claim about release dates we have is MS's, and SE hasn't contradicted it AFAIK.

maybe the plan is for a simultaneous release and that is what they hope to do. But until I find definitive proof that a contractual agreement was struck between the two sides guaranteeing the aforementioned, I'm going to hope that SE along the way decides to release the PS3 version first.

Not going to happen.

People don't go "on record" to say something will be having a similtaneous release unless that is whats going to happen - FOR CERTAIN.

Honestly wake up and try and use some brain cells, to you and all the rest in this thread who think there is the slightest chance that the PS3 version will come out first.

(no offense intended, but seriously - we've been told directly whats going to happen, this thread is ridiculous!)

i hope I don't see "banned" next to your name the next time I check on vgchartz

Dolla Dolla said:
He said early 2009 release ........ funny.

I guess in their dimension that's correct. E3 08' is in August in their Bizarro World too! Strange...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Burgles said:
Stats87 said:
NJ5 said:
Stats87 said:

The decision to bring Final Fantasy XIII to Xbox 360 was only made recently.
Work on the Xbox 360 version of the game would not begin until the PS3 version of the game was completed.
That both version of the game would require a period of localization.
It was later revealed to us in an intimate hour long interview with the developer (that will appear in the next issue of Official PlayStation Magazine Australia on sale August 13th) that the game would not be ported to “other formats” until the localization of the PS3 version was completed.

His main argument stems from this.

His reasoning is that he does not believe SE will just have the finished PS3 version sitting around while they port the XBox 360 version. The only way this does happen, is if Microsoft pays out tons of money for this to occur. (which is unconfirmed, but assumed)

As I said, his argument rests on nothing but speculation... The only definite claim about release dates we have is MS's, and SE hasn't contradicted it AFAIK.

maybe the plan is for a simultaneous release and that is what they hope to do. But until I find definitive proof that a contractual agreement was struck between the two sides guaranteeing the aforementioned, I'm going to hope that SE along the way decides to release the PS3 version first.

Not going to happen.

People don't go "on record" to say something will be having a similtaneous release unless that is whats going to happen - FOR CERTAIN.

Honestly wake up and try and use some brain cells, to you and all the rest in this thread who think there is the slightest chance that the PS3 version will come out first.

(no offense intended, but seriously - we've been told directly whats going to happen, this thread is ridiculous!)

actually yeah they do,

there have been a few times where games went from simultaneous to not. There have also been times where games have gone from exclusive to multi-platform after being stated they weren't.