By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why dont you have a ps3?

1. Price 2. Lack of good JRPGs

Around the Network

I don't need a new grill at the moment.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

"'Cause they shuved t3H Blue0Ray down t3H throats"

To people that say this, I can't wait until the Xbox 720 has a Blu-ray drive included to see the reactions.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

1. i'm not big fan of shooters.
2. i'm waiting for some more jrpg luv.
3. i don't own a hd capable tv/monitor.
4. there isn't many games i would really want to play on hd console(especially since dead rising is coming to wii). beside ratchet & clank, grid, burnout paradise, folklore, uncharted, DMC4, heavenly sword and eye of judgment there isn't many games i would buy right now.
5. i don't care about BD.
6. i have psp and wii and i have enough games to play right now
7. it's god damn too expensive since it has so little games i would like to play and since 360 has more jrpg luv i would wait till games like SO4 will be on ps3(cause it will be someday).

DMeisterJ said:
trestres said:
Because I love Nintendo games and because it's too damn expensive, at least where I live.

Also there's not many exclusives I would like to play.

And lastly because I would be ashamed of people like Rock_on_2008.

Just because you own a console doesn't mean that you're linked to the fanboys of said console.  Besides, I'm sure that there are a few Wii owners who are ashamed of people like you :/

@ Onimusha12

All of your reasons are valid, but as I've stated before, if you spend 15k on a 1080i TV, you are an idiot.  You can find 1080p T.V.s for 1/5 of the price, or 720p for 1/10 of the price.  Also, if Sony fandom is a cult, then Nintendo Fandom must be a religion right?  I mean, Miyamoto announced Pikmin 3 and everyone forgave their press conference.  They say "core games are coming", and they don't show anything, and everyone's fine.  I mean, I'm not sure what  you'd call that, but if it's not a cult at least, you may in fact need your head chekced.

We don't make excuses for things Nintendo does to screw us over, we either voice our dissapointment or move on with life. Like most fandoms, we can atleast admit when our company of choice has screwed us over, not announcing core games, is not screwing us over, its circumstance and strategy. I mean what? You want us to try gloom and doom because they didn't announce the games we already knew were comming? Oh dear god Nintendo, how could you. Oh cruel world. We also don't quote P.R. spin like its a fact, make threads such as "Wii is the JRPG KING!". Sure there are alot of Nintendo tools who are happy with anything casual, but you know what, they're not that outspoken, they don't troll, and they keep a low profile. The Sony fandom by and large has shown it is incapable of admitting Sony can do any wrong and will attack anything that threatens the Sony namesake. You make excuses for Blu-Ray. You make excuses for lack of Backward Compatibility. You make excuses for crappy 360 ports. You make excuses for not getting games or losing exclusives. You make excuses for the PS3's complicated architecture. You make excuses for six-axis. You make excuses for no Dualshock. You make excuses for getting Dualshock back but not having included standard. You make excuses for the PS-Eye. You make excuses for LAIR. You make excuses for MGS4. etc. etc.

And I'll be damned if Sony doesn't have the highest number of troll per capita of any fandom.

Around the Network

Easy, because just about every reason I have to pick up a PS3, keeps showing up on my 360.

Rock_on_2008 said:
All the people in this thread are brainwashed by Nintendo. All I can say to those who do not own a PS3. "You guys fail at life."

LOL weren't you leaving the site like last week?

there's only one franchise on there I like..MGS..and it's not worth paying 460 bucks for just MGS4...imma stick with my PS2..

v_v sorry...

It is extremely expensive. I'm not a big fan of many of the games. I don't think I really need a HD console this generation. If I decide I want an HD console, I haven't decided between the Xbox 360 and PS3 yet.

The biggest reason, is that I still have all those games in my sig that I need to buy and find time to play on my Wii.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

More than enough games I want on Wii to keep me busy (and broke)

Too few games that interest me on PS3 (GTAIV, LBP... that's about it)

More likely to get a 360 if I get a HD console (Mass Effect, Fable)

Don't have a HDTV so that really devalues the HD consoles to me and makes Blu-ray a totally unnecessary expense

#1 reason - Cost. If it was $199, I'd seriously consider it.