By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why dont you have a ps3?

Its amazing how a few JPRGs were announced for the 360 and suddenly EVERYONE is a JPRG fan

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

1. Cause I will not be forced to buy a Blu-Ray player because I want a games console.
2. Cause the wife will label me a sell out if I bought a PS3 after all the times I have severely criticised Sony for forcing it's console fans to fund its high def format war.
3. Cause I barely have time to play the games I have on Wii. A PS3 in my living room would serve no other purpose than an expensive piece of furniture.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

400€ is simply too much. Period.
250-270€ is the highest price i could imagine to spend on a gaming console...in other words sooner or later i could get one but i don't see this happening before Chirtsmas 2009.
In the mean time i could consider getting a x360 though: price is accetable and the only thing thta's actually preventing me from going out and getting one is the fact that probably by this christmas i could get for the same price the new pro model (60gb) and/or a pro plus the usual holiday bundles.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Becuase i don't need it.

Too expensive at this point. Maybe when it is $250 or less.

Around the Network

b/c i don't want to invest that money n the system and not get my bc ....

(plus i had to replace my 360 when it was stolen and the ps3 savings fund had to go towards it)

Not enough games that interests me. And an old-school controller.

- Because its Sony

- Because they fucked up Backwards Compatibility

- Because Manditory Installations seems like a convenience for the developer, not the gamer. Plus, if I want to put up with this shit I'll just buy a PC.

- Because its game library consists largely of the types of games that were on the PS2 that the majority of gamers never really cared too much about or games already on the 360 or games trying too hard to compete with the 360 or tried and true AAA franchises that drop the ball one right after another.

- Because I don't have a $15,000 1080i HD TV to make Blu-Ray or HD gaming of this "level" worthwhile.

- Because only a fool adopts a new media format player of any kind in its first few years.

- Because Six-Axis and Dualshock 3 are just too much to not make you want to shake your head in dissapointment.

- Because the Sony fandom literally terrifies me. I'm serious, its like a fucking cult. "Father says there is a ten year plan. Father says the Future is its own Proof. Father says we much evolve to the fourth dimension of gaming. Father says purchasing exclusives is a sin, we earn them."

I didnt like thier commercial.

Because it's only got one game that interests me, and no console is worth buying for only one game. I've considered renting a PS3 to play that particular game, though.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.