By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft’s Mattrick: When I said we’d win, I meant it”

They will win. At least hes not lieing when he says it has the best lineup.

BELIEVE!!!!

Around the Network
whatever said:
First to 10 million, last to 30 million. Yeah, seems like a winner to me. lol.

I lolled..

well it depends how quicker they will make it to 199$

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

i love it when someone said "lets wait till ps3 is $299"... thats light years away.... microsoft have already STATED that they KNOW when they will drop the price of the 360 to $199.... they have a date pencilled in for it to happen.... sony can hardly afford a price cut right now yet microsoft still have at least TWO price cuts already planned in the pipeline... next it will go to $249 for the new 60gb and then finally it will go to $199 and microsoft will STILL be making a profit.... xmas is coming up and the 60gb is just around the corner just in time for the release of 2 of THE MOST ANTICIPATED games of the year.. Gears of war 2 and Left 4 Dead..... sony fans can bash my comment all they like, but the fact is that this generation microsoft will always be one step ahead of sony....... sony catch 360 sales by 2009? ha ha ha NOT A CHANCE.... maybe late 2011.... but by that time the next xbox will be almost here.... sony already lost this generation because they lost a huge amount of the marketshare they used to have with the ps2.... ps1 DOMINATED.... PS2 DOMINATED...... ps3 LOST.... bottom line

First to pass 10million because 360 launches one year ahead of competitor. That does make 360 a winner over PS3.

Around the Network

Ha ha, I love all the people in this thread who think they absolutely KNOW the future, no question.

We'll see, and I do believe I will be happy with the results.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

reask said:
Diomedes1976 said:
The PS3 is ahead in Japan
live in hope mate.

ahead OF THE 360. Really, now...

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

colonelstubbs said:

And here are the Sony fans, flooding the Microsoft forum!

what? you aren't suprised?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Some of you guys don't understand the basic properties of business. What is Microsoft supposed to do, bad mouth their own product? Declare Sony and Nintendo the winners before the generation is even over? Spin the numbers so they sound like they're in the competitor's favor?

Don't be ridiculous. Microsoft (like Sony and Nintendo) is a company. Companies tend to back their own products, not praise the competition. Microsoft is confident in their product and they are obviously confident in their product's future. That's called being a.......wait for it..........COMPANY!!!

Now that being said, whether Microsoft's hardware goals are realized or not, at least 360 owners can rest easy knowing that they have plenty of games coming out in the future. There will not be a shortage on that, you can be certain. And every time MS starts making statements like this, they back it up with major announcements.

It's an exciting time to be into gaming, and both Sony and Microsoft are full of hot air. It's called marketing. You have to learn to take it for what it is. BOTH companies do it and BOTH companies put their own spin on things. They pay people do to this. They're called accountants and marketing experts.

Domicinator said:
Some of you guys don't understand the basic properties of business. What is Microsoft supposed to do, bad mouth their own product? Declare Sony and Nintendo the winners before the generation is even over? Spin the numbers so they sound like they're in the competitor's favor?

Don't be ridiculous. Microsoft (like Sony and Nintendo) is a company. Companies tend to back their own products, not praise the competition. Microsoft is confident in their product and they are obviously confident in their product's future. That's called being a.......wait for it..........COMPANY!!!

Now that being said, whether Microsoft's hardware goals are realized or not, at least 360 owners can rest easy knowing that they have plenty of games coming out in the future. There will not be a shortage on that, you can be certain. And every time MS starts making statements like this, they back it up with major announcements.

It's an exciting time to be into gaming, and both Sony and Microsoft are full of hot air. It's called marketing. You have to learn to take it for what it is. BOTH companies do it and BOTH companies put their own spin on things. They pay people do to this. They're called accountants and marketing experts.

This is what it's about.