By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is King of HD JRPG's!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Neos said:

POW! Right in the solar plexus.

It seems that PS3 and Xbox are fighting about the JRPG crown. But in the end the real JRPG winner will be the wii, again. With games like Arc Rise Fantasia, Fragile, Tales of Symphonia or Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers and many others the Wii will get the mass of the JRPG-Players.

z101 said:
It seems that PS3 and Xbox are fighting about the JRPG crown. But in the end the real JRPG winner will be the wii, again. With games like Arc Rise Fantasia, Fragile, Tales of Symphonia or Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers and many others the Wii will get the mass of the JRPG-Players.

No way. I like the Wii as much as the next Nintendo-fanboy, but 360 is going to be the winner with JRPGs. It pretty much already is.

XBox 360 is the undisputed king of JRPGs, saying otherwise is equivielant to claiming the Earth is flat.

Around the Network

White Knight Chronicals, Valkyria Chronicals, Disgaea 3, Tears to Tiara, Folk Lore, ICO 3 and an exclusive Tales, [unofficially announced]. Also, many ShinMegamiTensei games, maybe a Dark Cloud & so many others yet to be announced too. Eternal Sonata, The Last Remnant & most likely SO4 are being ported with more content as well. 360-Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia & IU. Wow, sukunai [few] as the Japanese put it! To note; TLR, SO4 and ES are timed, but should have new content on the PS3 anyway. PS3* 8 definites, 2 maybes & 3 a bit late. 360* 4+3 timed exclusives & FF13 [multi]. So, why are people saying the 360 has more Jrpg's when clearly it DOESN'T? What do u think?

I think you're delusional. The daily Wii attacks are already pathetic, but saying the PS3 has more JRPG content is just a sign of frustration for buying the wrong console.

The fact that you have to go for "many to be announced" is already enough. MegaTen has no platform yet and has most chance on a Wii release, Tales PS3 was never announced and the main series is going to Wii, Ico is not an RPG nor is Dark Cloud. Since ít's not even official that SO4 will come to PS3, I really wonder where you get the information that it will have extra content.

And besides that, 360 is the only platform where you can play a big RPG NOW, not somewhere in the distant future.

@Majin-Tenshihan
Hahaha, Troll? This term definitely gets thrown around these days. Seems a lot of people are anti-Sony
Ok, firstly an exclusive PS3 Tales game was recently revealed in the Japanese gaming mag Famitsu, along with the 360 one and the Wii's too. Were u not aware of this? Secondly, I listed Only games that are exclusive and/or timed, except for FF13, which I mentioned for the 360 too. I also mentioned TLR, SO4 and ES for the 360. Heck, I own all 3 current platforms, so I am not a fanboy like most other people that are attacking this thread. The fact still remains that the PS3 will have more than the 360 come 09. Sure, the 360 has more right now, but for how long?

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Isn't the 360 that is the king currently?

HanzoTheRazor said:
@Majin-Tenshihan Hahaha, Troll? This term definitely gets thrown around these days. Seems a lot of people are anti-Sony Ok, firstly an exclusive PS3 Tales game was recently revealed in the Japanese gaming mag Famitsu, along with the 360 one and the Wii's too. Were u not aware of this? Secondly, I listed Only games that are exclusive and/or timed, except for FF13, which I mentioned for the 360 too. I also mentioned TLR, SO4 and ES for the 360. Heck, I own all 3 current platforms, so I am not a fanboy like most other people that are attacking this thread. The fact still remains that the PS3 will have more than the 360 come 09. Sure, the 360 has more right now, but for how long?

No, it was not confirmed. Take it from someone who knows Japanese. It was mere speculation, like "Since Wii and X360 are getting their own Tales-games, will the next one be exclusive for PS3?". It turned out to be wrong, since Namco themselves confirmed openly that the next flagship Tales-game will be coming to the Wii.

You list tons of games that are currently exclusive to the 360, going "They're going to come to the PS3 too", with no reasoning as to why. You also said "360-Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia & IU.", and left it at that, after making giant claims about how many RPGs PS3 has, constantly counting games that are multiplatform. You might not be a troll, but you are definitely heavily misinformed.

Three biggest JRPGs of this generation will come to PS3 and two of them are exclusive, WKS, FFXIII and FFvXIII.