By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japanese HW Sales for Week Ending July 20, 2008

Garcian Smith said:
Looks like the PS3 is back to its pre-MGS4 sales levels. Plus, it looks like Tears to Tiara failed to stimulate any significant sales of that console.

Wii is chugging along as usual. DS and PSP are selling a ton. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 4.5k actually pretty high for the 360?

Yea saddening to see the PS3 go down so much after MGS4.

And I don't know why the 360 increase.  It's not like the FF13 announcement could have helped it... i mean its' not even releasing in Japan haha.

Around the Network

Even with +22 million sold the DS still selling 60k this week, crazy

Yea but DS could do so much better if simply Nintendo would fix the oversaturation problem with a new version of the DS. Maybe at TGS they will considering it is a Japanese issue.

Diomedes1976 said:
Good ,that inmense amount of money they have put in the table for FFXIII have managed them 1-1.5K more sales ....lets see if for a week or a bit more.

So much for the DS beating the PSP this week....a big difference of sales.

Do you really think they paid for it? Wouldn't it be incredibly stupid to pay for a game that won't even see release on their system in the region in which it would help them most?

Great psp sales also for ds , wii is steady ,ps3 is close to going back to 10k, 360 got a little boost,

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Good ,that inmense amount of money they have put in the table for FFXIII have managed them 1-1.5K more sales ....lets see if for a week or a bit more.

This comes as a surprise to you?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Diomedes1976 said:

This comes as a surprise to you?

The DQV remake was suppose to increase the DS over the PSP many said. Maybe when IX is releaed this will happen.

The only game that will change things around for DS in the Japanese market is DQIX and that's awhile aways. Otherwise the DS is obviously oversaturated in the market.

Oh and forgot to say congrats to PSP for 10 million in the area.

Actually i thought the ps3 would have a little boost.

The only game that could turn the situation around for PS3 in Japan is FFXIII. The series is very strong in Japan.