By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioware took a dump on ps3

Did BioWare Just Take a Dump on PS3?

After confirming that the Mass Effect trilogy would not be coming to the Playstation 3, BioWare CEO Dr. Ray Muzyka commented that "the most important thing is quality, so we're never going to compromise that." Does that mean that developing for PS3 would compromise quality?

Here's yet another instance of nit-picking someone's words. While most 360 fans will almost certainly assume this is what Dr. Ray was saying (taking a subtle stab at the PS3), I think it's more than likely he just thinks starting development on Mass Effect for another console would be detrimental to the momentum they already have on the 360.

Then again, maybe he was ever so subtly professing his love for Xbox since BioWare was Xbox exclusive up until now. Who knows? Dr. Ray knows, but I'm sure he'll never come out and explicitly confirm anything. That's just not how BioWare rolls. They remain morally ambiguous and let you, the gamer, decide for yourself.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Around the Network

Old

so its confirmed now then, ok
not a big loss like i said, i dont like this game anyway

Munkeh111 said:
Old

I know I just thought the title was funny

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

He probably just means going multiplat decreases quality of all SKUs. So he'd rather focus on just the 360.

Around the Network

Errr so Insomniacs taking a dump on the Xbox360 because they say the exact same thing... Really, they do!

Tease.

Bioware has gone on record stating this article is incorrect.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Seriously...no game developer hates the PS3...they just can't afford to learn how to develop on it, or there's not enough of a reason to.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Impressive legs for this news story so far. If it keeps such strong legs, I predict 10k reiterations of it on VGChartz by the end of its life!

Edit: Though I must admit, the picture gave me a laugh.

badgenome said:
Impressive legs for this news story so far. If it keeps such strong legs, I predict 10k reiterations of it on VGChartz by the end of its life!

I still say the Johnny Lee "headtracking" was undertracked.  It seemed like it hit a 100k before it died off.