By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 rival Gears 2?

This was expected, but great news non the less. Uncharted is my pick of all the games I own from all my platforms this gen. Can't wait for 2.

Oh, and "copy-cat-nature" WTF, is Gears original? I mean, Gears is just a rip off from the WarHammer universe with a different name, BioHazzard 4 over the shoulder mechanics, save the world from aliens run of the mill story and it is a shooter, another ferkin' shooter. how many shooters are there now and comming? Don't get me wrong, I love shooters, but we need more immersive, good story driven games like Uncharted, not more shooters.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network

its a CG movie against  game so we cant compare them.

It is hard to compare 2 totally different art styles in a game. Which one though leaves you thinkin' "wow, beautiful"... definitely Uncharted and it maintains it through out the whole game. Gears is just, how can I put it for a better word, cooler.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Well my games never lagged on the Jak x servers , so yeah they could definatly pull off a good online game IMO :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

It will have less sales but it will be definitely the better game .

Around the Network

The thing is, the way they say is makes it seem as though they haven't started to work on it yet, so they could have already started working on Jak 4!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, hopefully Uncharted 2 focuses more on the platforming, so there is not a direct comparison

Uncharted 2! Finally announced! Wooo!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot