By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which fighting game takes the most skill?

Chrizum said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
People choosing Brawl don't know WTF they're talking about. Brawl isn't even a true fighting game -- it's a party game with some things in it that resemble a fighting game. There aren't even any true combos. Any idiot can pick this game up and put up a fight. The learning curve for this game is a strait line. But, given the nature of this site, I'm not suprised people are putting above games far better than it.

VF probably is the hardest out of the 3D fighters, and KOF out of the 2D fighters.

We can't help you suck at the game. I'm pretty sure I can beat you anytime with one hand tied behind my back.

I haven't seen you much in the Brawl thread but I see Riot at least 5 times per page so I can only assume that he would slaughter you by a fairly wide margin.  ^_^

PS:  A fighting game without combos is a good thing.

Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:

Super Smash Bros Brawl requires the highest degree of Skill AND Strategy. Melee was good too, but the character balance was too out of whack. Brawl isn't absolutely perfectly balanced, but considering the sheer number of characters, they're as perfect as you could possibly ask for.

colonelstubbs said:
Surely its Tekken. Some of those combos require 37 button presses! 37! I could win on super smash brothers with my eyes closed, one hand tied behind my back and my pants down to my ankles

No fair using tactics you learned from prison!

I dont see it as cheating!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Words Of Wisdom said:
Chrizum said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
People choosing Brawl don't know WTF they're talking about. Brawl isn't even a true fighting game -- it's a party game with some things in it that resemble a fighting game. There aren't even any true combos. Any idiot can pick this game up and put up a fight. The learning curve for this game is a strait line. But, given the nature of this site, I'm not suprised people are putting above games far better than it.

VF probably is the hardest out of the 3D fighters, and KOF out of the 2D fighters.

We can't help you suck at the game. I'm pretty sure I can beat you anytime with one hand tied behind my back.

I haven't seen you much in the Brawl thread but I see Riot at least 5 times per page so I can only assume that he would slaughter you by a fairly wide margin. ^_^

PS: A fighting game without combos is a good thing.

Amen.  Memorizing button combos!=skill.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Words Of Wisdom said:
Chrizum said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

I haven't seen you much in the Brawl thread but I see Riot at least 5 times per page so I can only assume that he would slaughter you by a fairly wide margin.  ^_^

If he would slaughter me by a wide margin, wouldn't that imply that skill is involved in the game?

Street fighter. easy to play but hard to master

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Chrizum said:

If he would slaughter me by a wide margin, wouldn't that imply that skill is involved in the game?

Most definitely.  I'm not the one arguing otherwise though.  ^_^

I can´t say anything about smash, never like it and never got into it. But for the rest of the fighters Tekken is by far the game you need most skill to be good. The button mashing part goes for all games and all games have their button mashing players.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Chrizum said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Chrizum said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Most definitely.  I'm not the one arguing otherwise though.  ^_^

If Riot wouldn't be such a chicken and add me in Brawl then we could find out.

How is no combos a good thing? That makes it so defence and camping is the only option. Due to the lack of combos, nothing can be gained by approaching someone. And with the broken defensive options, you'll only get destroyed if you try. The only way to win consistently is camping. Brawl's engine is just broken in that way.

The skill in this game is at a minimum; tech skill flat out doesn't exist. You trade hits and that's it. That's the best you can hope for. Brawl is a shallow, noob-friendly game where skill is at a minimum. A beginer player could even take a stock or two away from a skilled player. That should not be happening. This is the only fighting where that shit does happen. I have no problem destroying people in other fighting games, but it's impossible in this game.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

colonelstubbs said:
Grey Acumen said:

Super Smash Bros Brawl requires the highest degree of Skill AND Strategy. Melee was good too, but the character balance was too out of whack. Brawl isn't absolutely perfectly balanced, but considering the sheer number of characters, they're as perfect as you could possibly ask for.

colonelstubbs said:
Surely its Tekken. Some of those combos require 37 button presses! 37! I could win on super smash brothers with my eyes closed, one hand tied behind my back and my pants down to my ankles

No fair using tactics you learned from prison!

I dont see it as cheating!

LOL, totally missed my point.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her