By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The PS3 is slowly picking up here in Nippon. Me thinks it is around the 18k this month, so will be very close.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

360 might win this week, but it'll be well within the +/- 10% margin of error.  So I'll call it a virtual tie.

Just like you do when the PS3 just beats the 360 huh?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

just thought i would add my 2 cents worth
from the numbers on japan sales
the ps3 from the last week of last year to last weeks sales has averaged about 19k
the x360 has averaged roughly 3k
although a bit biased since mgs4 was taken into account it is easy to see that
from the numbers given so far
if
x360 in japan sells say 4k
then ps3 needs 18k
since x360 has not averaged more that 3k
i would say ps3 still has a chance to beat x360 WW
yet as i am sitting here typing this
i wish i had an x360

still waiting for japan sales.

Still waiting for Japan! Too much drama/tension/alcohol!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Yes it could be the price cut helping, but of course the new 60gb model next month at the old 20gb model price, All the new features that the new update is going to bring and the E3 announcements went far better for MS than anyone else, MS are on a roll and the real steam will start in November with Gears 2, Final Fantasy and Fable etc etc all being released on 360......

famitsu is up in approx 1 hour and 30 mins guys.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

TRAVELLING TO JAPAN TO BUY 5000 PS3 CONSOLES JOIN MEEEE

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:

360 might win this week, but it'll be well within the +/- 10% margin of error.  So I'll call it a virtual tie.

Just like you do when the PS3 just beats the 360 huh?

Well, since the PS3 generally beats the 360 by forty or fifty thousand units, it's well out of the 10 percent margin of error.  But winning by 1000 hasn't happened since like December.

But Seriously though, PS3 has made up 2.09 million units of sales in the last 37 weeks.

360 winning by 1-2k this week WW would still mean that PS3 is up 2.09 million from it's lowest point. It's a win for Sony any way you cut it. And we all know that next week will not yield the same result. PS3 will be back on top again next week.