By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Play Magazine: Nintendo has officially gone off the reservation

This is the same Play that called Metroid Prime 3 the biggest revolution in FPS gaming since Halo ? Doesn't sound very biased against Nintendo to me, seems extremely generous really...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
Lingyis said:
bottom line is, it's a business decision, and as a nintendo shareholder, i like this direction. short-term for sure.

yes, sucks for the "hardcore" gamer, but personally i couldn't care less.

Why are you trying to debate then? For the sake of argument? If you only care about your pocket why are you even trying to explain to me that there will be hardcore games and whatnot?

RolStoppable said:

As I said in my first post in this thread I am not at all worried about this article. Nintendo won't abandon the core gamer market.

"They are already doing it now'

The article was posted by a member that doesn't like the Wii and was supported by members that don't like the Wii, because this article gave all of them a base to again declaring the Wii to become a platform with next to none core games.

""If the member was the editor of the article you have right to speak.
But this is a video gamer who writed this and saw Nintendo change and he is not the only one. I see this kind of columns also in the Benelux.""

Can we agree to continue this discussion once E3 is over? Then we will know for sure about Nintendo's plans for the future. Right now, it's all speculation based on one articl

"""What after E3 I am scared for games Wii sports2, Brain age Wii game, Rayman Rabbits 2, and more of those kind of games especially.""

ckmlb said:
Lingyis said:
bottom line is, it's a business decision, and as a nintendo shareholder, i like this direction. short-term for sure.

Why are you trying to debate then? For the sake of argument? If you only care about your pocket why are you even trying to explain to me that there will be hardcore games and whatnot?

there's nothing to debate.  i'm explaining it from nintendo's perspective, and it just makes sense.  why the hostility?

ps. by "personally i couldn't care less" i'm actually referring to me not being a hardcore gamer, not my own bottom line.  that wasn't very clear i suppose. 

the Wii is an epidemic.

Lingyis said:

So sad but so true :(.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
This isn't unexpected. But there are a few things to take into account. Nintendo will always have Mario, Metroid, and Link, which cater to their "core" crowd. But it seems they will be focusing on continually expanding the market. Third parties will have the "core" audience to satisfy. The question is ... will they?
True. Still too early in the Wii's llife to know. Anything else is just speculation, which is a two way street.

I agree to stop debating this till E3 for now to see what are the announcements.

Lingyis said:
ckmlb said:
Lingyis said:

there's nothing to debate. i'm explaining it from nintendo's perspective, and it just makes sense. why the hostility?

ps. by "personally i couldn't care less" i'm actually referring to me not being a hardcore gamer, not my own bottom line. that wasn't very clear i suppose.

Don't worry about it man. I don't really try to argue too much with this guy any more. He seems filled with a lot of animosity for whatever reason

Instead focus on being happy with your piles of cash! It's more fun being rich! 

RolStoppable said:
konnichiwa said:
RolStoppable said:

As I said in my first post in this thread I am not at all worried about this article. Nintendo won't abandon the core gamer market.

1) "They are already doing it now'

The article was posted by a member that doesn't like the Wii and was supported by members that don't like the Wii, because this article gave all of them a base to again declaring the Wii to become a platform with next to none core games.

2) ""If the member was the editor of the article you have right to speak.
But this is a video gamer who writed this and saw Nintendo change and he is not the only one. I see this kind of columns also in the Benelux.""

Can we agree to continue this discussion once E3 is over? Then we will know for sure about Nintendo's plans for the future. Right now, it's all speculation based on one articl

3) """What after E3 I am scared for games Wii sports2, Brain age Wii game, Rayman Rabbits 2, and more of those kind of games especially.""

1) Have you any evidence to back up your claim? No. Neither do I. That's why I said let's wait until after E3.

2) So because a lot of people write articles and pretend to know things about Nintendo it's a fact? Have you ever paid attention to the predictions of the analysts, about the outcome of this generation? Apparently most assumed that Nintendo would finish dead last. Apparently a lot of journalists predict that Nintendo is going to abandon the core gamer market. If analysts can be wrong, so can be journalists.

3) See 1). 

1) Most of the wii games now are not hardcore!!! That is not my opinion that is from the most people in the game business.

2) Yes I watched the predictions and the most said Wii is a cheap thing that will sell a lot PS3 and X360 are expensive but X360 will have a lot of schooters like Halo 3 and that scores PS3 will fail.  That were the predictions I read!

Apparently a lot of journalist predict that Nintendo is going to abondon the core gamer market = that is true!
Okay I understand you have fun with games like Cooking Mama and Wii sports but that are not hardcore games. That are games you mom, little brother,sister, nephew likes;

Personally, I will wait until the end of the year to decide where exactly the Wii is going. I mean, if the Metroid Prime 3 controls are sooo revolutionary, I expect many great FPS to pop up on the Wii.

Also, two words:

Light Saber.