By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - xbox 360 will not be around come 2010!

Famine said:
thekitchensink said:

Um, no? It's having its' best year, actually, if you'd bothered to look at the numbers.

It's best year is still not as good as it is for Sony.

Funny, I don't remember mentioning Sony.  I like how you deleted the rest of that conversation, though.

EdGuila said:

i love xbox360 said:
EdGuila said:

By 2010 developers will be squeezing up against the 360s small storage capacity and doing everything on one BD disc will be more feasible.

Also in 2010 the PS3 will be atleast 15million ahead in sales.

It costs 50million for Microsoft to bribe developers currently that the PS3 is 5 million behind. Think how much Microsoft will have to bribe developers when PS3 is ahread by 10-15million.

We all know Microsoft last console did a 4 year flop. It wouldn't suprise me if this one went down the same road due to my comment above. PS1 and PS2...16 years of success.

hahaha that made me laugh

Well at the rate the PS3 and 360 are selling at now, by March 2009 the PS3 would of been caught up and the PS3 has spanked the 360 in weekly sales for the past 30 weeks. The 360 is slowly declining in popularity.

Um, no?  It's having its' best year, actually, if you'd bothered to look at the numbers.

He said that the 360 is declining in popularity, when it's had a record year.  So, what?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

wtf? the 360 is an amazing console with a library of games to rival any console, your analysis if so wrong loll you got banned

I don't understand some of you people that say the lifespan of the 360 would be too short if they released a console in 2010.

PS1 was launched December 1994. PS2 was launched March 2000. PS3 was launched March 2006. By your logic, Sony's 'console lifespan' has only averaged 5.5 to 6 years.

But we know the ps1 and ps2 were both supported after the next console's iteration was released. And sure, the xbox 1 was NOT supported, but that had more to do with MS's lack of experience in the manufacturing arena and getting fucked by their contracts - they would have had to hemorrhage money to keep making it.

MS has stated that this time around, the 360 will continue support after the next console's launch (and by my guess, production as well). They have every reason to, considering software sales are great, console sales are good, manufacturing costs and agreements are advantageous this time, and xbox live is thriving as a paid service.

If support continues for the 360, it would be no different than Sony's current system lifecycle.

Banned .... let the thread die people. The title alone reaped of failure ...

I love it......the PS3 is getting beaten in every region (again) by the Xbox 360 and is still in third place with a widening gap (again), yet Sony fanboys are still declaring the death of the 360.

I find this funny. This has been going on since the beginning of the cycle, and the PS3 has been in third place the whole time. I can't believe that PS3 fanboys even have the balls to bring this up.

Around the Network

LOL why is this back from the dead?

They haven`t touched the 2`nd core of the 3 core cpu and you want a new xbox? what`s the rush?

The first xbox lost money on every unit sold because of the hdd price and nvidia`s GPU,even the last xbox 1 that left the factory was sold at a lost,while now xbox 360 is sold at a profit and the "xbox 360" brand is gaining steam WW,so...no,there will be no new xbox in 2010...or 2012...or 2013...

I expect the next xbox to come in 2014-2015 or even later than that,because of the price and the userbase,why not tap in the 360 performance and sell very good?

Come on guys this got dreged back up from July for some reason no need to contine.

i think the 360 will be around till at least 2012, i think they will support the 360 for at least 2 years for sure. after they launch their new console, maybe 3 years is sales can stay at a decent level.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I think MS wants to turn some profit this gen compared to last gen. I also think the only reason the original XBox lasted four years because they were losing money no matter what. Upwards of $100+ per console even when it was killed? The 360 is already at the point of being profitable as we speak as far as I know, except for maybe the Arcade unit. I can see the 360 having a six year life span before they even put out the 720. MS can also drop the console to $130 or less within the next two years, giving them their own version of a PS2 in terms of cost and game lineup.

Also the 720 will be atleast backwards with XBLA titles. Could you imagine all the pissed people (myself included) if XBLA titles weren't backwards? 360 games on other hand is a toss up.

It's just that simple.