By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony sets 150m sales target for PS3,PS2 passes 140 million units !

I think he meant 130 million units for PS2.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
fazz said:
If the PS3 can reach 150M, the Wii can reach 300M

Lol, Nintendo will kill off the Wii once their next console is released. Remember what happened with Gamecube?

Now we know why Kaz Hirai wasn't present on this E3... he was at the nuthouse from which he got out early...

Go back, Kaz!

slimeattack said:
fazz said:

Lol, Nintendo will kill off the Wii once their next console is released. Remember what happened with Gamecube?

You know that this happens with every non-successful console, right? Why continue selling it when it doesn't sell in the first place? That will be the case with the PS3 and not the Wii.

Source, I´d like your opinions on how many units the 360, PS3 and Wii will probably end up selling worldwide when all is said and done.

Around the Network

150m... ten year cycle sounds good and all but in 3 years there are going to be shiny new consoles out there, it doesn't matter how cheap a console is once it is old.

For example, PS2 is doing great but the large bulk of it's sales were 3-4 years ago.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

@TheSource

noo.....PS2 sold 127 million units by december 31st 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2

All I can say is NO

slimeattack said:
fazz said:

Remember how succesful the Wii is in comparison to the GC?

OT: This would only be possible with an EPIC growth in the market. In any case, the PS3 would not sell the most this generation.

Lol sorry, but I don't see it. And is the 14omln shipped?