By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony sets 150m sales target for PS3,PS2 passes 140 million units !

i the ps3 have a chance to be 75 milllion maybe close 100.
if they don't screw up.
150millions would require all third party games on sony console again for 10 years.

Around the Network

Part of the problem here is that virtually everyone on this site sees the PS3 as a game console. And no game console has yet to sell 150 million units.

There isn't a market for 300 million Wiis. If you believe that, that's all well, but simple enthusiasm hardly makes it so.

But there is a market for 150 upscale optical media players. Or in the future, 150 set top boxes that deliver DD content to consumers. Or both in one box.

As a console alone 150 is extremely unlikely, but apparently Sony's long term strategy does not rely entirely upon selling games alone. I thought the inclusion of Blu-Ray alone made that fairly clear.

MS appears to have a similar strategy in mind as well between their own DD service, online gaming and media hub concept.

Two words, No Way!  Playstation 3 is too expensive to sell that many units.

Ultimately, the real prize is in controlling distribution of content rather than in selling plastic boxes.

Gamers tend to see consoles as fetishistic objects due to the games they play, but the average consumer doesn't keep them past the duration of their novelty for the most part.

Not a lot of love for a VHS deck after a household made the switch to DVD. Not much need for a DVD player in the family room that's already made the switch to a Blu-Ray player. Like the SD set that was replaced by an HD set, it's probably been relegated to the basement, the guest room, or donated to Goodwill.

@PhalanxCO

it is a shame to see they didn't make that mark although the have been on the market for such a longgggg time....it is a joke....lol

Around the Network

Highly ambitious but hey got to set high haha. So why the fuck not. Congrats to PS2 by the way.

fkusumot said:
Skeeuk said:
i certainly am positive.

anything can happen in this world

Anything? Seriously, is there any chance at all that you'll fellate the Duke of Windsor?

Fellate the duke of windsor... that's so funny. From his posting history and delusion I would say that there is a chance.

Aim for half of that Sony, then I'll take you seriously

ClaudeLv250 said:

The hell? Are people serious?

PS3 will not outsell PS2. Not in a million years. No, no, NO NO!

NO!

This is not going to happen.

When you have ioi questioning people's sanity in a thread, you know it's getting just a tad bit ridiculous.

claude we are not talking jsut 2 years. With the PS3 having 10+ years on its life, see PS2's life, it is possible if the price can drop enough. I expect the PS2 to have another 4 - 5 years like I said, the PS3 will have at least another 14 years. The PS4 will be released when the PS3 is 10 giving it another 6 years till it reaches its life's end.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

PS3 is about a long life cycle. The Wii will have a PS2-like cycle, and the PS3 a much longer one.