By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will you now NOT buy PS3, because of FFXIII going multi?

2. You already bought ps3 and one of main reasons was FFXIII.

thats why it did my head in to find out that 360 is getting the game, but hey i still have verses

Around the Network

7 for me.

8. I could have bought a 360, but I won't.

2 For me. I'm glad I still have the PS3, though.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

brute said:
Kenology said:
Soriku said:
RolStoppable said:
I pick answer number 5.

Around the Network

1 for me

# 1 for me too

I will still get a PS3. However only due to Valkrie Chronicles.

Even then I might wait to see if it gets ported to the 360.

I don't really care about FF13, but FF13 has shown me that there basically are going to be no big 3rd party exclusives anymore... and more or my friends have 360s.  Also my girlfriend wants me to get a 360 over a PS3 anyway.

The pull of Infamous wouldn't be enough since Prototype looks more fun and is multiplat.

The rest of the games... look ok. But nothing amazing.

So I guess that's a 6... since if it turns to a 7 that would because they ported Valkrie later on.

I already sold my PS3. I don't know if I will get FFXIII, but I'm glad I wouldn't have to buy another PS3 to play it.

I don't think its just the FF multiplatform news that hurting PS3. It's a lot of things....

They are finally getting a lot of games, MGS4, Infamous, Resistance 2, LBP, Killzone 2, and more.

But for me to ever get another PS3, Sony will have to finally have a magnitude of all types of exclusive games (not shooters, there's more than enough in the market or on the 360 already.) Buzz & Singstar are a step in that direction, as is LBP. Lips could somewhat neuter Singstar, and Scene it competes with Buzz's market.

The reason I sold my PS3 because it was not worth it to me to have spent the kind of money that it cost me to get a delaystation. I won't go back to Sony until they solve issues that have plagued the PS3, as well as lowered the price. I paid $599 US dollars for mine at launch, sold it a while ago and still have a bad taste in my mouth.

Hopefully Sony can turn it around, but I really think MS is outplaying them right now. Playstation has always been the most diverse console, with tiles ranging from GOW, GH, FF, Lumines, Spongebob, even Rugrats titles. I don't see as much diversity with this PS, mostly because of development costs, and difficulty programming for the console. This will change as time passes, but will it be before it is too late?

MS's alliance with S-E, RockStar, Activision and other companies has really hurt Sony. Especially since Sony's past exclusives have been selling better on MS's console. After the GTA Exclusive content finally comes, who will still want to buy the PS version? And now MS is trying to expand the 360 to be a console everyone can play. While I don't believe this will sell a ton of 360's , it might make more people play in homes that already have one.

And MS got Netflix. The Netflix userbase (over 12 million subscribers) now might have reason to get a 360. Sony better hope they can keep PS3's price as low as the most inexpensive BluRay players coming out to the market.

I think the PS3 will still place second this gen, "Others" will assure them of that.

OT, I would not buy a PS3 for FF. Whether it was multiplat or not. I would only buy a PS3 if there was enough games I want exclusively on the system that would warrant me spending what Sony is asking for the console. That time is definitely not now.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

hmmm not exactly but..... i will pick #4.