By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1UP preview: The Conduit

the game looks way better in motion, and the demo has been getting great reviews

i always say this but

I cant wait for the conduit!!!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

Well I'm glad people agree with me. If someone can come by and explain why this game will be amazing, I'd love to hear it. Right now all I know is that it's made by a historically terrible developer, it has no publisher, and it's outdated by almost all standards.

I would greatly love to understand the hype because right now it drives me crazy.

OkeyDokey: This is why I love you. I'm so glad that there are people who are really looking at this game from a non-worship standpoint. There are so many hypocritical fanboys surrounding this game, it drives me insane!

These guys did make movie spin off games etc as a way to get into the industry. They used it as a learning process which has now enabled them to make a game that is a labour of love for them. Which shines through in every interview they give.

HVS are about the only ones who hear what core wii gamers want and have been putting all their efforts in delivering, lifting the wii's graphics above sub par last gen and pushing the wii's hardware, making a non casual mature title, online multi player, voice chat, etc, etc

Core wii owners have been crying out for devs to make games for them, but all we get is bombarded with casual/shovelware titles because HVS are the only ones making a effort is the reason their game is getting hype from wii owners.

As for the criticism that its generic, Tell me one game that has not be done before? I dont think you will name many that I cant just say thats just a fps, a action game, a racer, a fighter etc etc. 

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

i cant wait for this game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

as what was has been said those screenshots in the preview are over a month old and are not of the latest build of the game which has improved dramatically in the appearance of the models/guns, i have heard/read several reports that the game looks good enough to pass for a 360 game..

the wiimote is MADE for fps's and to date mohh2 nailed the controls, but the graphics were so bad that it got ignored, mp3 looked great but is not a fps,

if this game gets advertising, gets what they want- a good quality, rock solid 30fps at all times (or more they are trying but might not get that) 16 player online first person shooter, then the core players who do own a wii WILL buy the game. it looks good in motion and has another 9 months to get better, also it WILL have wiispeak as well- which will be the first fps for the wii with voicechat capabilities

Man, the direction this thread is going in makes me laugh. :p
Okay, well, all that doubters have to realize before commenting on this game and asking why the heck anybody would be interested in a 'mediocre' title like this is that its controls are infinitely superior to the outdated, robotic and slow controls of every -EVERY- single FPS on the HD consoles, no matter how ejaculatingly appetizing their graphics may look to their tech-obsessed fanboys.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

I can see why people don't like it, I do.

This games is one of the few shooters I want to play. Why? Motion. As long as it looks better than CoD3 and has controls on par with MP3 or MoH:H2, I am all for it.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

HVS is not a terrible developer. They just had to make crap games to earn their bread.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

BTW, they did not make the buggy, practically unplayable 50 Cent Bulletproof. They made the mediocre, but actually playable, PSP version.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

this game is outstanding!!

the old screens you put suck, the new trailers came out on 16th just look like a Ps3/Xbox360 game, at least if don't want to believe it, it's too close.....

also, the game graphics rule in video, but they are not as great in screens!

this game is a great effort, and it turns out to be awesome, a Ps3 game with Wii gameplay and online is the best the Wii can get!!

thanks HVS!! ; )

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

To all the haters, doubters, and overly critical, I'm not going to mention names because you know who you are.

Go over to our site www.thatvideogameblog.com we also have been in contact with the devs and have some actual footage of the game IN MOTION saying this game looks mediocre of comparing it to Red Steel based off of still motion shots, and other impressions is laughable. I mean almost everyone that has seen the game up close and in motion and had hands on with it. Are raving, these are the journalist and people that bring the news to you, not saying they are right, but come on stop guzzling the hateraide. Wait the graphics are bad? You have to be kidding me, at the worst they are on par with METROID PRIME 3 which looked very good in my opinion.

So go watch the videos, look at the graphic effects (water, particle effects, enemy movements, etc.), look at the AI on easy (the way they run for cover try to flank you, etc.), look at the speed of the game and the steady frame rate. If you can watch the vids and in all honesty say: "This game looks meh... can't see why it's getting so much hype from everyone..." Then fine your gaming taste are super more advanced than those of us looking forward to it.

If you guys as gamers have been so spoiled by the glossy graphics on 360 and PS3 that you can't pull your head out of graphic whored ass, then it is a sad day in gaming me thinks. Truly.

Is the Conduit going to give CoD4, Halo3, or Resistence a run for their money in the graphics dept.? Definitly not. But to say it's not going to be a quality FPS based on still shots, and the dev history without even CHECKING OUT ALL THE INFO IMPRESSIONS, and gasp playing it for yourselves?! just reeks of fanboy elitism.

Glad I'm not there with any of the systems or games yet.

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!