By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1UP preview: The Conduit

freakingenius said:

Wait, so from what I gather is that this game doesn't look like a 360 or a PS3 game, therefore it's not going to be as good. Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. But wait, I forgot, everyone on the internet can judge a game buy looking at artifacted jpeg screenshots that were taken months before the current date, and not to mention even further from the actual release date of this game.

I love it how you can't excited for a game that doesn't have the graphical output of a PS3 or 360 game. Yeah, NO ONE is excited about Mega Man 9 or anything...

Congradulations if this game doesn't interest you, everyone who does, respects your opinion, but you don't need to make irrational statements like 'This game is gonna be like Red Steel', just because you are ignorant. This game is ambitious, and it lucky to even get this much attention, and yes, its only getting this much hype because its on the Wii. All that aside, the game offers a pleasing package to Wii owners, something that isn't avalible on the system currently. Whether or not it lives up to the hype is a question that will not be answered for some time. Please people, keep on eye on this game, don't discount it, or more importantly, don't overhype it.

As for the actual preview, it was pretty heinous. The credibility of it is equivalent to anyone of us looking at movies of the game on the internet and writing a preview for the game. 1UP didn't play the game, they watched it in unideal conditions, and their write-up was sloppy.

Welcome to the site.

Actually, to answer your question, a lot of emphasis is being put on the graphics whereas it shouldn't since it will fail to impress unless up to last generation or Wii standards. Your reading comprehension is awful. No one is clamoring about Mega Man 9's graphics, but possibly art style (not sure, never liked Mega Man, never listened to the hype).

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:

ItsaMii said:
This thread must be bookmarked. Some people lost it. Yeah, this game look like shit. It can`t be compared to God of War 2. It looks worse than early Gamecube game. High Voltage is the worst developer in the world. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda.

"It can`t be compared to God of War 2."

Sure it can. I think it looks far better than GoW 2. Where did we say that though?

"Yeah, this game look like shit"

We said it looked slightly above average. People say it looks like SMG, but it doesn't.

"It looks worse than early Gamecube game."

I'm the only one who took in the Gamecube, and I used the (maybe) best looking GC game for the comparison. So nobody said this by any means.

"High Voltage is the worst developer in the world"

No-one said this. We just said that they weren't Rockstar, Activsion or EA in quality.

"Some people lost it"

I totally agree.

Are you playing dumb or did you miss the joke? I took some non reasonable comments on this thred, extrapolated them and presented them in a sarcastic manner. And if you think this is slightly above average you have totally lost it. At least do some real criticism. The game may look unpolished in several areas, but it isn`t ugly.

I also doubt that you (or anyone else in this thread) have played a HV game. They are average (7), but I could see small bits of brilliance in all their games (Harvey Birdmann, LSL MCL, Family Guy). Show me any developer that can make similar quality games with limited budgets and time. Their licensed titles are much better than any EA game based on a movie.

And where did you take that EA and Rockstar make quality games?

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

ItsaMii said:
This thread must be bookmarked. Some people lost it. Yeah, this game look like shit. It can`t be compared to God of War 2. It looks worse than early Gamecube game. High Voltage is the worst developer in the world. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda.

Sure it can. I think it looks far better than GoW 2. Where did we say that though?

We said it looked slightly above average. People say it looks like SMG, but it doesn't.

I'm the only one who took in the Gamecube, and I used the (maybe) best looking GC game for the comparison. So nobody said this by any means.

No-one said this. We just said that they weren't Rockstar, Activsion or EA in quality.

"Some people lost it"

I totally agree.

Are you playing dumb or did you miss the joke? I took some non reasonable comments on this thred, extrapolated them and presented them in a sarcastic manner. And if you think this is slightly above average you have totally lost it. At least do some real criticism. The game may look unpolished in several areas, but it isn`t ugly.

I also doubt that you (or anyone else in this thread) have played a HV game. They are average (7), but I could see small bits of brilliance in all their games (Harvey Birdmann, LSL MCL, Family Guy). Show me any developer that can make similar quality games with limited budgets and time. Their licensed titles are much better than any EA game based on a movie.

Extrapolate must be a very common word on this site, because no one seems to know its actual meaning anymore:

1. to infer (an unknown) from something that is known; conjecture.
2. Statistics. to estimate (the value of a variable) outside the tabulated or observed range.
3. Mathematics. to estimate (a function that is known over a range of values of its independent variable) to values outside the known range.

You must have some interesting powers if you're able to "extrapolate" a quote.

And you think that High Voltage is the only developer that works under tough conditions? Developers at EA, no matter how much money they have to work with, still work under time constraints. And let's see what ratings the games you listed got. Harvey Birdman got around 60% on all three platforms, and Family Guy did even worse (getting about 50% on the PS2 and PSP and a 57-58% on the Xbox). Small bits of brilliance make up for a complete lack of quality? Well, that's fine. Different strokes for different blokes.

And while I agree that EA doesn't make very high quality movie based games, there are still some good ones (especially the Lord of the Rings games) that could outclass most High Voltage games.

As for EA and Rockstar, EA isn't a great developer but they publish some pretty good games. And with Rockstar, they're definitely a good developer although they don't seem to put much effort into their Midnight Club series.

MontanaHatchet said:
SHMUPGurus said:

So, what kind of graphics are you guys actually wanting to see on the Wii? This game seems to have everything: good texture details, good lightning effects, fricking good shadows, good models, etc.

I can't believe some people actually said the game looks horrible without seeing it in motion with your own two eyes. How about judging the game when you have it in your hands? By the way, people also preached the gameplay. They said the controls are even more customizable than any other FPS around, even on Xbox 360 and PS3. They even said the All-Seeing Eye brings an interesting puzzle element to the genre, meaning you don't always run-and-gun and actually think a bit (like in Half-Life and Half-Life 2).

I understand you can have an opinion, but when you compare it to other Wii games and 1st generation Xbox 360 titles, it's just amazing what they've managed to do in so little time (for High Voltage Software, having a reputation of being a ''shovelware'' developer in the first place).

<b>It doesn't look horrible, but there's no chance in hell it will look as good as anything on the 360, PS3, or PC, so why bother getting excited about that? I didn't buy the Wii or its games for graphics, I bought it for the controls.</b> Besides, if someone takes good screenshots it can do the game justice. Super Mario Galaxy made the game look far worse than it actually did, whereas Gears of War really showed the game off in its screenshots. Which brings us to the next paragraph.

Customizable controls? Fair enough, I'm sure the controls will be fine. But we've already had some nice shooters on the Wii so I don't see why this game excites people so much more than the last ones. As for the All-Seeing Eye, it sounds interesting, but if we're really saying that The Conduit bringing something similar to what we've seen four and a half years ago is exciting, color me unimpressed.

As for comparing it to other games on the Wii, yes, it's very impressive. I suppose if you lowered your standards to that level, then yes, it looks like it will be a very good game.

You of all people Montana?  That's like saying why buy a sports car if it's not going to be a 500hp+ monster.  Do those less powerful sports cars like Boxsters, older M3's, and S2000s hold no value?  Sure, the Wii isn't the most powerful, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't care about graphics at all.  It's plenty capable of having beautiful games.  The level of detail will never be as great as something on the X360 or PS3, but it can still look good.  Watch some videos of the game in motion.  It looks very good.  It doesn't take screenshots very well, for some reason, much like Metroid Prime 3.

MontanaHatchet said:
ItsaMii said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

ItsaMii said:

"Some people lost it"

I totally agree.

Extrapolate must be a very common word on this site, because no one seems to know its actual meaning anymore:

1. to infer (an unknown) from something that is known; conjecture.
2. Statistics. to estimate (the value of a variable) outside the tabulated or observed range.
3. Mathematics. to estimate (a function that is known over a range of values of its independent variable) to values outside the known range.

You must have some interesting powers if you're able to "extrapolate" a quote.

And you think that High Voltage is the only developer that works under tough conditions? Developers at EA, no matter how much money they have to work with, still work under time constraints. And let's see what ratings the games you listed got. Harvey Birdman got around 60% on all three platforms, and Family Guy did even worse (getting about 50% on the PS2 and PSP and a 57-58% on the Xbox). Small bits of brilliance make up for a complete lack of quality? Well, that's fine. Different strokes for different blokes.

And while I agree that EA doesn't make very high quality movie based games, there are still some good ones (especially the Lord of the Rings games) that could outclass most High Voltage games.

As for EA and Rockstar, EA isn't a great developer but they publish some pretty good games. And with Rockstar, they're definitely a good developer although they don't seem to put much effort into their Midnight Club series.

He meant he used hyperbole.  You know, extreme exageration to prove a point?  So he made a mistake, okay.  You know what he was trying to say and there's no need to make such a big deal out of it.

Around the Network

People, these pics are way too old.

Look at the gun here

And then here

Or this one

With this one

AND there are still at least 9 months of polish since they said they're done with the game and they just polish the Single and Multi player.

Geez...

ItsaMii said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

ItsaMii said:

"Some people lost it"

I totally agree.

EA makes lots of good games. Sure, they make a lot of average games, but that's really OK, because those games have so small budgets, right?

Rockstar makes Grand Theft Auto. That's a good franchise no matter how you spin it.

I missed the joke. You took what some people said, but exaggarated it like hell. No-one said anything close to what you "claimed", and I simply didn't see the fun side.

The titles you posted are also fairly mediocre - but sure that's OK because they come froom poor little HW, which has little money and such...

I don't care if their titles are good if you think about time, money etc etc. If they aren't good enough to stand up against the others - then they aren't worth the money.

I don't think I've lost it, but I'll take your word for it, or where you sarcastic? I'm not really sure when it's you anymore.

EDIT: Dark Prince's pictures looked way better. Those look good, and far better than the slight above average ones which were in the 1Up article.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I think, Montana, what alot of the Wii owners here are hyped about is that a third party game is actually having tons of effort put into it. Combine that with the glowing impressions from IGN, and it really lights excitement. The major hope is that this will sell well enough so other publishers will take a lesson. Also, its an FPS for Wii. As long as the controls are good, that alone makes it above generic (until alot of other shooters come out for the Wii).

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

It's not I or II World War scenario, so, I'm looking foward to it.
I want that game, I don't have any FPS for the Wii.

So much violence. :(