By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1UP preview: The Conduit

Wow, you guys are a little over the top. So much hate. It doesn't have to look as good as a 360/PS3 game. What's nice about it is that it looks like a decent, albeit generic shooter that the developers are really putting effort into.

The point of the matter is, the wii doesn't have many great FPS coming and this one looks pretty good, which thereby makes it great. In much the same way if a console like the 360 got a solid platformer (a la Banjo Kazooie). Even if that platformer were mediocre, since hte 360 doesnt' have many great platformers, it would be seen a lot better htan if it were a shooter.

Around the Network

Those screenshot are old.
IGN has the lastest.

1up didnt even play it.

KTurbo said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Well I'm glad people agree with me. If someone can come by and explain why this game will be amazing, I'd love to hear it. Right now all I know is that it's made by a historically terrible developer, it has no publisher, and it's outdated by almost all standards.

I would greatly love to understand the hype because right now it drives me crazy.

OkeyDokey: This is why I love you. I'm so glad that there are people who are really looking at this game from a non-worship standpoint. There are so many hypocritical fanboys surrounding this game, it drives me insane!

I believe the reasons are as follows:

1) After E3, many Wii owners have a feel that they have no line-up at all.

2) Wii fans want more 3rd party support. Thus they hype any game that look better than the average 3rd party game.

3) They follow the stream. IGN said lots of great things about it, people became hyped, suddenly it was the Wiis new 3rd party game. Therefore it just got more and more hype as time went on.

4) The earlier screenshots were touched up to make it look better. Now people only remember those screens, and believe that the current ones look just as well.

5) It doesn't star a dog as the main character.

And Shmup, look at Twilight Princess - a last generation Gamecube game. It looks just as good at this. Equal textures, but far better character designs.

How can you praise the game without seeing it in motion? Slight above average pictures doesn't mean it's unattackable.

IGN spoke of the game long before it became hyped by so many. As they barely had seen anything from the gameplay, just an graphics engine demo they couldn't say much about it but that it was coming and they were hoping it was good.

For you last comment. What?

Here's a short gameplay vid.: http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248157/the-conduit/videos/raptorignne.html

Bolded - People hyped it heavily from the little IGN said. That was my point.

My last comment was odd. I agree.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I agree. Bookmark this badboy. If anything, Montana, this game will be the best looking on Wii and more than acceptable for anyone's standards. High Voltage wouldn't release the game until it looks better than SMG/MP3 (or equally impressive). I can't comment on gameplay, but I'm not worried.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Well I'm glad people agree with me. If someone can come by and explain why this game will be amazing, I'd love to hear it. Right now all I know is that it's made by a historically terrible developer, it has no publisher, and it's outdated by almost all standards.

I would greatly love to understand the hype because right now it drives me crazy.

OkeyDokey: This is why I love you. I'm so glad that there are people who are really looking at this game from a non-worship standpoint. There are so many hypocritical fanboys surrounding this game, it drives me insane!

2) Wii fans want more 3rd party support. Thus they hype any game that look better than the average 3rd party game.

3) They follow the stream. IGN said lots of great things about it, people became hyped, suddenly it was the Wiis new 3rd party game. Therefore it just got more and more hype as time went on.

4) The earlier screenshots were touched up to make it look better. Now people only remember those screens, and believe that the current ones look just as well.

And Shmup, look at Twilight Princess - a last generation Gamecube game. It looks just as good at this. Equal textures, but far better character designs.

How can you praise the game without seeing it in motion? Slight above average pictures doesn't mean it's unattackable.

Oh, don't worry, I'm not exactly sure if the game will live up to the hype, but looking at the development since the game has been announced, these guys know they want to create something different from what we've seen before on the Wii, and it shows. I simply have faith, and if it becomes a generic shooter, it might as well be, but at least they will have set the bar up for other 3rd party developers.

By the way, the textures in Twilight Princess are quite ugly if you ask me (well, at least the mountains ones). o_o

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

The game looks a lot better in motion.

Hyperion said:
I agree. Bookmark this badboy. If anything, Montana, this game will be the best looking on Wii and more than acceptable for anyone's standards. High Voltage wouldn't release the game until it looks better than SMG/MP3 (or equally impressive). I can't comment on gameplay, but I'm not worried.

Well, I admit I've been overly critical of the game. It stills looks exciting, and the graphics look nice for the Wii (albeit I don't care). And if it ends up generic, that's fine. But sometimes the hypocritical attitude of fanboys annoys me quite a bit, which leads to my hate of a lot of games.

I'd like to ease tensions so I won't gloss over them.

You don't need to have so much hate, Montana, especially for games. Learn to love a little...even hypocrisy is deplorable.

Anyway, how are generic FPSs usually reviewed? Does generic equal below average quality? I'm genuinely curious and would appreciate an explanation.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Wait, so from what I gather is that this game doesn't look like a 360 or a PS3 game, therefore it's not going to be as good. Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. But wait, I forgot, everyone on the internet can judge a game buy looking at artifacted jpeg screenshots that were taken months before the current date, and not to mention even further from the actual release date of this game.

I love it how you can't excited for a game that doesn't have the graphical output of a PS3 or 360 game. Yeah, NO ONE is excited about Mega Man 9 or anything... </sarcasim>

Congradulations if this game doesn't interest you, everyone who does, respects your opinion, but you don't need to make irrational statements like 'This game is gonna be like Red Steel', just because you are ignorant. This game is ambitious, and it lucky to even get this much attention, and yes, its only getting this much hype because its on the Wii. All that aside, the game offers a pleasing package to Wii owners, something that isn't avalible on the system currently. Whether or not it lives up to the hype is a question that will not be answered for some time. Please people, keep on eye on this game, don't discount it, or more importantly, don't overhype it.

As for the actual preview, it was pretty heinous. The credibility of it is equivalent to anyone of us looking at movies of the game on the internet and writing a preview for the game. 1UP didn't play the game, they watched it in unideal conditions, and their write-up was sloppy.

SHMUPGurus said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Oh, don't worry, I'm not exactly sure if the game will live up to the hype, but looking at the development since the game has been announced, these guys know they want to create something different from what we've seen before on the Wii, and it shows. I simply have faith, and if it becomes a generic shooter, it might as well be, but at least they will have set the bar up for other 3rd party developers.

By the way, the textures in Twilight Princess are quite ugly if you ask me (well, at least the mountains ones). o_o

Ok, nice that you aren't like those who pretend that it is a certain GOTY.

And yes, thinking about it you're correct. These textures look far better than TP.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS