By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Conduit sales prediction

If this games does not sell more then 2 million copies, then I can tell you the user base for the Wii will kill any hope for more hardcore games to come to the Wii. I mean this is a hardcore game and 3rd party developers (some I mean) still feel skeptical about making hardcore games like this since they think it will not sell well. So if we buy the hell out of a game like this, then maybe we can tell developers we do want games like this and we will buy them. also all the Wii owners do not buy just nintendo and wii games period. We will buy games if they are good and made good.

Around the Network
Snake612 said:

I predict this game will sell around 1.5 million or more in the first week of sales. mabye 2.3 million first week sales.

This is why you are not a professional analyst. I'll look at all everything leading up to release before I give a number but I KNOW that it will not sell between 1.5 and 2.3 million in it's first week. That would be more than Red Steel has sold ever (to give an example of a good selling FPS on the Wii) . Seriously, think about these numbers.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I'm leaning towards 500k - 1m during it's first peak(apx 2 weeks) sales period. I suppose lifetime could end up between 2-3m, but I'm not going to hold to that.

Personally I don't think there will be anything wrong with the game. It just won't be anything more than a simple vanilla shooter. Once previews start coming out we will starting hearing about uninspiring game play.

Any real selling point will come from the number of features it has from multiplayer. As of yet MP is still up in the air as to number of players, features, WiiSpeak.... At least from what I've heard. Lot of hope anyways.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

There is so much Crow in this thread, just waiting to be eaten. Everyone book mark it, because its going to be ammo baby!

My opinion is that it will sell poorly, but the publisher to save face will say it sold better than expected and then everyone in this thread will say they won leading to a long flame and trollbait war. Just like some of the previous stated games.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

I predict this game will sell around 1.5 million or more in the first week of sales. mabye 2.3 million first week sales.

LOL oh this will be a hard awakening.

Around the Network

The sales of this game will really depend on 2 things: reviews and marketing. If the game scores 8+ on metacritic, and it gets some marketing on the internet and TV, it will almost certainly sell a million. But if those two things are missing, it will struggle to reach a million.

It's hard to say anything at this time, but in my opinion, 500k is almost guaranteed. The game looks like it's a quality game and it has the buzz. 2 million is very unlikely though, so I'll say the game probably will sell between 600k and 1,5 million.

Zucas said:
facher83 said:
akuma587 said:
3 million lifetime? 90% of Wii owners have not even heard of this game.

It will sell 1.5 if it is marketed well, gets good reviews, and finds an audience.

1 million is far more realistic.

lmao.

Ok ok. Just have to do that math.

30 million consoles x 10% = 3 million.

Ownage at its best:

There's going to be more ownage, cause this game will release on a userbase of, at the very least, 50 million Wii's.

Btw everyone that compares this game with Zack & Wiki and No More Heroes is completely retarded. You can't get a game any more casual than a FPS with Aliens.

sc94597 said:
Strategyking92 said:
70,000 worldwide. Max.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8aW9BpamQSA

Look at the view count. That is only youtube people. I'm pretty sure that it would be more than 70,000 MAX.

I meant first week.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

What's funny is that the Wii fans predict ridiculously high sales for this game, while the PS360 fans predict ridiculously low sales. C'mon man, don't let your bias cloud your analysis, we all hate it when analysts do it.

kirby007 said:
Riachu said:
kirby007 said:
Soriku said:
kirby007 said:
Soriku said:
kirby007 said:
Riachu said:
kirby007 said:
Riachu said:
DTG said:
LOL, it'll be lucky to break 500 k in its lifetime.

FAIL. Haze would be lucky to break 500K lifetime and that is because it sucked. The Conduit has a lot of hype and the quality so far seems to be there.

we will see, but i'm with DTG on this one

The Conduit is going to sell great because:

1.it has a lot of hype

2.there are few, if any, competitors for shooters on the Wii

3.the game is looking great

1. it's totally new

2. shooters tend too underperform on the wii

3. why should wii owners care? a normal xbox360 or ps3 game looks better

1. OK. That means it's potential is unknown, BUT for all we know it could be a huge seller. New IPs can sell really well or sell really bad. Same with any other game.

2. Since when? Red Steel is a million seller, Metroid is a million seller, and MoH didn't sell well because it's the same old same old WW II setting but still sold over 200k which is enough to make a profit.

3. Wow. THIS is what you pulled? First of all, The Conduit graphically wise looks really good and thye have 9 more months to polish it up. The final product should look great. Second, how do you know those Wii owners already own a PS3 or 360? There's plenty of Wii only owners and even if games on the PS3/360 "look better" doesn't mean multiconsole owners are going to skip out on this, especially if they're FPS fans. Third, if you're gonna apply that to The Conduit then why don't you just apply it to every other game? "Wii has worser graphics than the PS3 and 360! Quick, sell your Wiis and buy an HD console!" - it doesn't work that way. If this isn't happening to any other game then why should that happen to The Conduit?

1. what new ips sell good on a nintendo console?

2. red steel was one of the few games available at that time, metroid is nintendo ip

3.a have you seen great open spaces, lots of enemies?

3.b because the conduit is hyped because of its graphics

1. No More Heroes did. Zack and Wiki did. Trauma Center did. etc.

2. Does it matter? They sold well regardless.

3. See sc's post.

4. See sc's post.

I didn't put much effort into this post because sc already responded...

sc has some points but you xD

no more heroes, zack&wiki sold good? ROFL

2. yeahs it does because when the conduit arrives more competition on the wii between games

Both games sold better than expected

if you show me a link I will shut up =)))

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17476

"If you browse Marvelous Interactive Japanese website, you will notice a small note in MMV's President's blog.

http://www.mmv.co.jp/message/president.php

MMV President, had a small party to celebrate No More Heroes sales in the world. They also received some sort of Achievement price from Famitsu for this game.

He states that the game sold 40 k in Japan, already 100k in America and that 160k copies have already been pre-ordered in Europe!

They are very happy with this state and they now expect the sales to hit more than 500 k copies.We are far from the 12k of Killer7 in Japan ! "

You don't throw a party for average or for doing badly.

As for this game? I'll say 500K worldwide. Games that have a hard time finding publishers rarely get the kind of marketing needed to sell well.