By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Sony not care about third parties? (FF XIII related)

no because they first and second party is so good that it does not matter to them and the whole 3rd party is multi plat that its all about first party

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=34157&start=0

Your last three paragraphs couldn't be more wrong though.

So... microsoft gave SE a lot of money to port a game that will make the decision profitable if they sell 1/10th the amount of copies on 360 that they do on PS3.... if the PS3 version were to break even... and less if it makes a profit.

Sony are stupid for letting this game slip but clever aswell as FF sells the most in japan and they strill have it exclusive in that region

so basically, u dont understand the 2 main point of the Sony PR :

- FFXIII is still coming to PS3

- The other point is :

how is it possible to get exclusive games since third parties DOESN'T WANT to go exclusive ?

1/ Sony : we make the games ourselve.

2/ MS : we buy the game

END.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Well, I agree they're no Nintendo - obviously, they're not even close. But they do have some really impressive first/second party stuff lined up, and I think their first party system will only improve in time. Basically, it's going to put the heat on Microsoft to focus on their own first party games, because third party exclusives are going to be few and far between for the HD twins.

i dont get it... every ps3 owner can still get the full ff games (13 vs is only on ps3) so as i ps3 owner i dont care......

Funding internal development is the smart thing to do. Developers will continue to make mulit-plat games. Exclusives have gone the way of the dodo. They're too expensive for people to have exclusives. There's less chance for return on investment, and even if you pay for an exclusive, that eats into Microsoft's bottom line. And if Microsoft pays for an exclusive, and it does poorly, it was a waste of money on both parts *cough*Ninja Gaiden 2*cough* rather with Sony, if someone wants to develop exclusively on their platform, they won't pay them, and if it doesn't sell well, Sony doesn't lose money in the process.

Also, with the way third-parties are going more and more Multi-plat, Internal development helps to diversify one company from another. Microsoft has the Halo franchise that's internally developed, and Viva Pinata, and Banjo, but not much more. Nintendo has Mario, Smash, Kart, Metroid, Zelda, etc. Sony has God of War, Gran Turismo, SOCOM, Uncharted, Resistance, Ratchet, Jak, etc. If you place all of the companies owned games together, 360's is blown out of the water by Sony and Ninty. Plain and simple.

Sony's gaming division might not have the permission from higher hand to spend money on 'buying' titles; they haven't made much profit lately, and have quite some internal studio's, so it has probably something to do with company policy.

''Hadouken!''

Kasz216 said:

So... microsoft gave SE a lot of money to port a game that will make the decision profitable if they sell 1/10th the amount of copies on 360 that they do on PS3.... if the PS3 version were to break even... and less if it makes a profit.

That's what Sony says, but Sony has lied so many times this generation that I think we can simply assume it t be false.

Frankly, it doesn't make money that Microsoft would pay Square to release Final Fantasy 13 on the 360 and now include Final Fantasy into the Microsoft stable next to Grand Theft Auto.  It makes sense that Square simply said, "hey, there's an opportunity to make a lot of money and sell a lot of units on the console with more sales.  Let's do it."