By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Sony not care about third parties? (FF XIII related)

x360 is getting inferior PORT of FFXIII.
What is the problem here? =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

In a way, I think it sucks that Microsoft is stealing these games. Everybody was in shock for a little while when FFXIII was announced to be multiplatform.

As others have said though, more games are going multiplatform and Sony has many first/second party exclusives that look pretty cool. So while Microsoft has stolen pretty much the last great exclusive and made it multiplatform, I agree with others that third party exclusives are pretty much dead now.

So after the PS3 and 360 receive all of these multiplatform games, what's left for both systems? Losing the third party exclusives have hurt them in the short run, but I thing Sony could have the right idea in putting more money in the first and second party games.

sony is king of 3rd parties and now they dont care about them

CrazzyMan said:

How do you know it will be inferior?

Most multiplatform games have been very similar across both platforms, so I don't think it is fair to assume that the XBox 360 version will perform worse; and about the only thing that it is fair to assume will be that the XBox 360 version will be on multiple discs, and if the PS3 version has a long install time (or multiple installs) the annoyance of multiple discs would be balanced out quite well by the annoyance of installing a game onto a console.

CrazzyMan said:

If that makes you feel better considering the number of terribly inferior PS3 ports, lol. Though I don't think we have much of an idea of how 'inferior' the 360 version will be, so how do you know how different these games will be on the platforms outside of hearing that the 360 version will be a port?

I think the point still stands that the 360 is STILL getting the game regardless of being a port and that's still a big blow to the years of 'FFXIII WILL not come to the 360' in conversations.

Around the Network

Yeah, Sony should definitely keep focusing on it's first party line up.

Tbh, I have a feeling that Sony will start buying up RPG studios soon (Level 5, maybe somebody else).

Sony is constantly expanding their prolific 1st party enterprise, and the RPG genre is really the only remaining gap in their portfolio (aside from some of the more PC-centric genres, like RTS).

Look at the end of last gen: MS was destroying Sony in the shooter area, so they overcompensated by buying Zipper and Guerrilla (the latter choice being a bit questionable at the time, but it seems to be bearing quite wonderful fruit). Now, MS is dominating in the JRPG genre (and WRPGs), so it makes sense that Sony would begin pursuing dev studios in that field, especially in light of their recent comments regarding their focus on 1st party development over paying for 3rd party exclusives.

I buy Sony consoles for for Sony's awesome 1st party line up (

People saying sony should have done more to stop MS stealing FF13....you do realise MS have money to burn dont you?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Sony will prevail, wait and see

That interview just got my excited for whatever is being "incubated" for the Tokyo Game Show.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

That interview just got my excited for whatever is being "incubated" for the Tokyo Game Show.

Team ICO.  Woo. :D