By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: E3 is NOT for Core games

Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:

Well, I wasn't here last E3, but still, people are going crazy with this stuff these past couple of days.  I'm still acting the same, but people are getting away with murder, so I want to do it too.  It's fun to break rules sometimes.

I know there's plenty of Wii games coming.  I'm not stupid. 

So when the "murder" stops...will you be cool typical DMJ again? >:o

Depends on if I like how this feels too much or not.

Around the Network

It means Nintendo has abandoned it's core!

Actually I'm suprised the internet didn't die from this announcement, on the surface it's the exact mantra the hardcore have been chanting.

The real question is - when will core games be announced by Nintendo in some grand scale event.

Hmm - now this may be getting a bit disturbing.. as E3 became what it is due to the core audience the internet would say - taking this stance about E3 Nintendo has managed to snuff what little life remaind in their core the hardcore would chant.

No, Nintendo doesn't want to announce their games because they are running a test for the most part - though I'm sure they had a focused sample before hand, the core seem to move from game to game much too fast is what they are thinking. They want to regress back to the NES days when gamers didn't follow online press minute by minute to find out more about the game.

They did say the cost of time in development has lost it's value relative to time spent enjoying the game. This is probably a bad move but it depends on when they release information about the game, 3 months in would prevent a lot of competitive slander and still have the bump in consumer awareness while giving valid reason to bypass previewers.

Still the only part that has me concerned anyway is that they didn't announce their stance on E3 before hand, to avoid the core even watching it and building their hopes in a direction they were never trying to go for.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

thekitchensink said:
nordlead said:
DMeisterJ said:

Nintendo Fans:

"Wait for E3, games, FTW!", "Wait for their conference after E3, games, FTW", " Wait until TGS"

at least they don't have to wait until 2010

Exactly.  We still have lots of games coming out soon for Wii that we know about--just not much on the first-party front.  We've got three Star Wars games, Call of Duty, Spidey, Fatal Frame (Nintendo-published)--there's more, but that itself is plenty for me for this year.

HD consoles aren't having any problems in the third party department.

DMeisterJ said:

Nintendo Fans:

"Wait for E3, games, FTW!", "Wait for their conference after E3, games, FTW", " Wait until TGS"

Sony Fans:

"Wait for Lair", "Wait for Haze", "Wait for GTA4", "Wait for MGS4", "Wait for Killzone 2"

wow, way to derail a thread.... I didn't even remember what the topic was by the time I got to this reply box.

@DMeisterJ

Last E3 was just as bad as this E3 on the forums. I probably have been reading less than 1/2 of what I normally do because everything turns into a flame war.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

E for All might be getting bigger too

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

wii NOT for Core gamers confirmed.

Nintendo's policy of not announcing a game until it's ready for launch is affecting only the geeks and okatu on the internet. They have games planned for the hardcore, but will not release details until they are ready to push them. Don't forget, retro are working on something and at this time in the lifecycle of the console it's the third parties who should now be picking up the slack. They are doing this with announcements like Call of Duty, Conduit, Dead Rising etc.

Best Cricket Club in the World - Visit for Coaching Tips

http://www.engadinedragonscc.org.au

They can just realese it on the internet on acompletly random date every core gamer will now it after a couple of days anyway.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

alfredofroylan2 said:

Source:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25710005/

I think that there’s probably one other element to it, and that’s that our view of how we use E3 has changed. For a very long time, E3 was an event where — and certainly Nintendo included — catered specifically to the core gamer. Now we look at more … an opportunity for us to introduce new concepts and new types of play that we intend to bring to the broader audience, particularly because of the media that gathers at E3 now.

So while attending an E3 event like this, they might be given the impression that Nintendo is no longer focusing on the games that appeal to the core gamer, in fact we’re still working on many of those titles, but it’s just not the type of event where we’ll be showcasing that anymore.

So when they're going to show all the core games?

They day they're released. It'll be like, all of the sudden, Reggie: "Bam! New Zelda announced, comes out at 5PM Central Time" and when asked why, Reggie will reply with a shrug, like a cowboy should.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.