By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: E3 is NOT for Core games

Source:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25710005/

I think that there’s probably one other element to it, and that’s that our view of how we use E3 has changed. For a very long time, E3 was an event where — and certainly Nintendo included — catered specifically to the core gamer. Now we look at more … an opportunity for us to introduce new concepts and new types of play that we intend to bring to the broader audience, particularly because of the media that gathers at E3 now.

So while attending an E3 event like this, they might be given the impression that Nintendo is no longer focusing on the games that appeal to the core gamer, in fact we’re still working on many of those titles, but it’s just not the type of event where we’ll be showcasing that anymore.

So when they're going to show all the core games?

Around the Network

so basicaly from now on nintendo's e3 wont be exciting? :'(

That's what I thought. It's a huge platform and it's much easier for a casual gamer to hear about E3 than to go to vgchartz or IGN to see the newest casual release.

Does this mean spaceworld will be back

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Common sense says vaguely when they're ready to show them. I'm sure titles like Zelda, Kid Icarus, Pikimin and such are not ready to be shown yet so I'm going to assume later this year or 2009.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

^unless you want to see the nest standard of how games should be played...but if you actually want to see games played that is a different story

Exactly, I wrote a thread a couple days ago that relates to this. E3 has been massively scaled down to the point where it's more a professional/business summit and less of a gamer's event. So they use E3 to demonstrate their business model to their shareholders and the media.

As for when we get to see core games, Miyamoto said when there is enough of something to be announced, that's when he'll do so, so I would expect on just random days we'll wake up and see a premiere trailer for Kid Icarus or F-Zero.

Either that or TGS ;)

so, TGS is?

Maybe they going to use TGS for core game?

Exactly.