By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official June NPD Thread (for the 5 weeks ending 7/5, data in ~6 hours)

Bard, it's far surpassed PS2 at this point LTD in America (and the other two territories for that matter).

America -
http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=PS2&reg3=America&weeks=100

Also, check out the edit to my previous post.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

celine, I'm half finished your GIF, hopefully I'll get to the rest tonight!

Nice! Going by those VGC scaled estimates Sony family outsold the Wii!

It's been a while so SDF should have fun with that again.

I applaud PS3 and PSP numbers again... I also must say it's a good first month for MGS4... considering this is just for it's first 2-3 weeks in America... But I also most state the obvious........ NINTENDO HAS STRUCK UNIVERSAL GOLD!!!

4 ≈ One

Don't forget NPD doesn't track bundles (so don't count MGS4 bundle sale in MGS4 s/w total).

Around the Network
puertoecuanama said:
WiiStation360 said:
puertoecuanama said:
FishyJoe said:
Won't this NPD show the Wii passing the 360 in the US? If so I expect some big press headlines from this.

really? according to NPD, Wii still hasnt passed 360? if thats true , then ur right. we should expect huge press headlines.

This does not matter. As Microsoft has stated previously: "History has shown us that the first company to reach ten million in console sales wins the generation battle."

id like to know wat drugs microsoft was takin cause i want some of those!!!

i mean, r u serious? wat makes them think that getting to 10 million before the Wii means that they win?  thats crazy!!!

They forgot to add "... getting to 10 million consoles sold in the US, while trailing by 9 million consoles worldwide, wins the generation."

aspirin said:

Don't forget NPD doesn't track bundles (so don't count MGS4 bundle sale in MGS4 s/w total).

I know they don't track Wii Sports, but I'm not sure if that's true for other bundles. For example, they do track Wii Play.

360 will be back to the bottom of the list again,where it belongs

FishyJoe said:
aspirin said:

I know they don't track Wii Sports, but I'm not sure if that's true for other bundles. For example, they do track Wii Play.

I'm not sure how they decide what gets tracked as what, but MGS4 bundles aren't being tracked as software sales. We might get the total from Sony's Press Release if we're lucky.

FishyJoe said:
aspirin said:

I think they track game+accessories bundle but not system bundles. But I could be wrong.