By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7: Advent Children game is coming instead of a remake?

bugrimmar said:
i just dont see FF7 remake to make much sense. I mean, the millions of people who bought the game in the original PS already know what's going to happen. we're no longer going to be struck by the infamous *hint* death scene of that *hint* girl. and if you argue about new fans, they probably already know everything too since the internet likes to spread spoilers anywhere.

it would be nice, but i don't think SE would commit their resources on a project that will be totally predictable.

Yes but think how it could look on ps3 it looked great on ps1 at that time think about the grapichs now espeacially when u use summon.

Around the Network
memory2zack said:
It could be a remake of FFVII, a FFVII: AC game, another game in the compilation staring a special character (Sephiroth? Genesis?) for consoles, some revealing extra scenes (most likely something featuring Zack, Aerith, Genesis, Angeal) or completely something else.

I thought about that too what if they made ff7 but from sephiroths perspective think it would be great.

hmm is this ssj12's myserious game? he said something about ff.

Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:
i just dont see FF7 remake to make much sense. I mean, the millions of people who bought the game in the original PS already know what's going to happen. we're no longer going to be struck by the infamous *hint* death scene of that *hint* girl. and if you argue about new fans, they probably already know everything too since the internet likes to spread spoilers anywhere.

it would be nice, but i don't think SE would commit their resources on a project that will be totally predictable.

Yes but think how it could look on ps3 it looked great on ps1 at that time think about the grapichs now espeacially when u use summon.

if graphics were everything, then people would be buying more HD consoles than Wiis.

but the point is, its not. so what if FF7 could look so much better? bottom line is, everyone already knows what happens. it doesn't make sense to make it again.

bugrimmar said:
Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:

if graphics were everything, then people would be buying more HD consoles than Wiis.

but the point is, its not. so what if FF7 could look so much better? bottom line is, everyone already knows what happens. it doesn't make sense to make it again.

Maybe it dosent make sense but the fact is that there are so many people who want this to happen and that they would buy it over again.

Around the Network
Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:
Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:

Maybe it dosent make sense but the fact is that there are so many people who want this to happen and that they would buy it over again.

many people on forums and the like, but not out there in the real world. believe me. people aren't going to buy a remake of a game that's still fresh on people's minds. sure, the fans of the series would buy it. but you're not gonna see many more.

i bet it won't sell a quarter of the number of units that the original one sold.

Both seem good to me, but I would prefer the original FF7 remake....

4 ≈ One

i think a remake of ff7 would be almost impossible.
You have fans who want it simply to be a redone game.
fans who want it to include new features and tweal the system a little bit.
Critics who will be expecting changes.
It is a very delicate matter.
If they did remake ff7 I would hope they had 10000 people testing and playing the game so that they could make it as enjoyable as possible.

No, I am counting on a remake, I have never played the original FF VII and really want to play it

listen up: a remake of a game that only came out only 11 years ago is crazy. the story, the world, and the whole system is still fresh in people's minds. doing it again for the sake of better graphics is insanity.