By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7: Advent Children game is coming instead of a remake?

it would be like remaking the movie The Rock (nicolas cage and sean connery) which came out in 1997 also. complete insanity.

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:
Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:
i just dont see FF7 remake to make much sense. I mean, the millions of people who bought the game in the original PS already know what's going to happen. we're no longer going to be struck by the infamous *hint* death scene of that *hint* girl. and if you argue about new fans, they probably already know everything too since the internet likes to spread spoilers anywhere.

it would be nice, but i don't think SE would commit their resources on a project that will be totally predictable.

Yes but think how it could look on ps3 it looked great on ps1 at that time think about the grapichs now espeacially when u use summon.

if graphics were everything, then people would be buying more HD consoles than Wiis.

but the point is, its not. so what if FF7 could look so much better? bottom line is, everyone already knows what happens. it doesn't make sense to make it again.

Maybe it dosent make sense but the fact is that there are so many people who want this to happen and that they would buy it over again.

many people on forums and the like, but not out there in the real world. believe me. people aren't going to buy a remake of a game that's still fresh on people's minds. sure, the fans of the series would buy it. but you're not gonna see many more.

i bet it won't sell a quarter of the number of units that the original one sold.

Lets say it would come it in 2010 i think it would easily sell 5 million

Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:
Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:
Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:
i just dont see FF7 remake to make much sense. I mean, the millions of people who bought the game in the original PS already know what's going to happen. we're no longer going to be struck by the infamous *hint* death scene of that *hint* girl. and if you argue about new fans, they probably already know everything too since the internet likes to spread spoilers anywhere.

it would be nice, but i don't think SE would commit their resources on a project that will be totally predictable.

Yes but think how it could look on ps3 it looked great on ps1 at that time think about the grapichs now espeacially when u use summon.

if graphics were everything, then people would be buying more HD consoles than Wiis.

but the point is, its not. so what if FF7 could look so much better? bottom line is, everyone already knows what happens. it doesn't make sense to make it again.

Maybe it dosent make sense but the fact is that there are so many people who want this to happen and that they would buy it over again.

many people on forums and the like, but not out there in the real world. believe me. people aren't going to buy a remake of a game that's still fresh on people's minds. sure, the fans of the series would buy it. but you're not gonna see many more.

i bet it won't sell a quarter of the number of units that the original one sold.

agreed, more time would make it viable. just as hollywood remakes titles from the seventies and back, games need the same amount of time before they're remade.

but 2010 is still too soon. i'd say around the region of 2015.

bugrimmar said:
Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:
Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:
Tbone said:
bugrimmar said:

agreed, more time would make it viable. just as hollywood remakes titles from the seventies and back, games need the same amount of time before they're remade.

but 2010 is still too soon. i'd say around the region of 2015.

Yeah for ps4.

''1UP: Both of you named FFVII as your favorite FF game. Do you think we'll see more Compilation of FFVII titles?

SH: Well, there's Advent Children Complete, of course.''

But when you say FFVII is your favorite on this site, haters tell you people only like it because of it's graphics or because it was their first FF or rpg. O'rly? Well tell that to Kitase, and he'll laught at you..

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
libellule said:
Considering how SHITTY is Advent Children according to me

I dont care.

Give me Vagrant Story 2

QFT

Even if I didn't have a PS3 I would buy one just for that game.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

now square got me excited. i wonder what it is. dont think its a remake but i welcome it.

Ajax said:

''1UP: Both of you named FFVII as your favorite FF game. Do you think we'll see more Compilation of FFVII titles?

SH: Well, there's Advent Children Complete, of course.''

But when you say FFVII is your favorite on this site, haters tell you people only like it because of it's graphics or because it was their first FF or rpg. O'rly? Well tell that to Kitase, and he'll laught at you..

Well FF7 is the one that made him and his company the most money.

FF7 was also the first game he directed on his own.  He was the secondary director on 6... and hardly did anything of note on 1-5.

Maybe it is the game version of the movie, that would be freaking amazing using FFXIII's battle system.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Maybe it is the game version of the movie, that would be freaking amazing using FFXIII's battle system.

Has anyone even seen FF13's battle system yet?  I'm really curious to see how it's evolved from 12.