By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: 'Stealing Playstation franchises is very important to us'

I dont get how its stealing, Buying a 3rd party game that was first on Nintendo the Sony then Microsoft? Why is it a big deal when a 3rd party makes a game for the system of there choice, What does it even matter how they got to this desicion regardless of it being a massive loan for GTA4 or Poor PS3 sales for FF13.

Sony have bought developers in the past so do you guys see this as potentially "stealing" games from Nintendo and MS cos its very simular but on a long term basis so game after game is "stolen" if you own the developer.

Im sure Sony have also paid for exclusive rights to games in the past as well so are you Sony fans as disgusted with Sony as you are with MS, and if so why get disgusted so easily competition is good for the market, Your all convinced Sony will still win this generation and things like this force them to try harder and improve quality, how is that a bad thing?

Around the Network

I personally am happy that these games are going to MS. The only thing it will end up doing is push Sony to make greater and more 1st party Exclusives. If Sony do this well and right, it will make MS look worse at the end. Even after taking the Exclusives, laughing and joking about it all, it still wasn't enough to help them keep their lead.

As I keep saying, Sony is like the sleeping elephant. MS can keep nibbling away but only for so long.

If MS clearly dont have the patience. They have the money and they are using it to their advantage. That just being lazy on their part. But hell, if I had that much money, then why not?! In fact, as a kick in the ball,s I would release Buzz games, copy God of War and also create a Wii remote. Who cares what other people would say. If everything was on one console, I would have a monopoly :)

mysticD said:
This just demonstrate the different between Microsoft and Sony when it comes to 3rd party support. You can call it "moneyhat", "stealing" or whatever the fact is Microsoft go out and aggressively catered and provide the 3rd party with what they want or need.

Sony took a different route this gen, if you think Microsoft is cocky now, they go read some of Sony statement when PS3 is about to launch. (Also I don't see anything that is cocky in Shane Kim response, just more of typical platform cheerleading that all corporate suit do for the company they WORK for).

There sure is a lot of butt hurting and bitter tear from this Final Fantasy ... I can't even imagine if that other game also come to 360 what would happen.

I can assure you that everyone is expecting it now so no one would be surprised. sony didn't even bother showing it off in their press conference unlike before which speaks volumes

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Third party developers are selling out instead of remaining loyal to Sony would be the more correct term. the title sounds more controversial. Typical media spin making stuff up for a reaction.
Third parties see more money to be made by porting the game from PS3 to X360 which is relatively cheap and generates more profits to the third parties. this sounds like excellent business sense.

Say a American company is doing very well in America it has franchises all over the country. It decides to expand overseas and make business internationally. Great business model. Economic growth is a good thing regardless of which side you are on.

Looks like MS is doing the exact same thing Sony did 10+ years ago.

"stealing" NINTENDO's franchises and being arrogant about it.

Seriously, the only people that are allowed to bad mouth MS about this is Nintendo and their fanboys/girls. Be quiet sony fanboys because Sony did the same thing many years ago, not that many of you can look passed "TEH CELL ROXORZ!!" to realise that.

Around the Network

well, this is honestly no surprise as microsoft has done this in the computing industry for years. if they can't make a better product they'll just buy out their smaller competitor.

this is a money business - it's not let's see who can make their fans happier.

What? Nintendo lost Final Fantasy!!!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

Final Fantasy aint been good until it hit the Playstation. Yeah, I said it.

CAL4M1TY said:

Looks like MS is doing the exact same thing Sony did 10+ years ago.

"stealing" NINTENDO's franchises and being arrogant about it.

Seriously, the only people that are allowed to bad mouth MS about this is Nintendo and their fanboys/girls. Be quiet sony fanboys because Sony did the same thing many years ago, not that many of you can look passed "TEH CELL ROXORZ!!" to realise that.

The only game on that list that was on nintendo platforms before is FF. Everyone who's been gaming long enough knows that Sony didn't "steal" FF from Square. Square asked nintendo to use a CD format due to storage issues and nintendo said they should go screw themselves. They then turned to sony who welcomed them with open arms. Sony did't pay for this. This is very different from whats happening now. Also, when square switched to the PS brand, their main FFs didn't appear on ANY non-PS platform. M$ is gloating over games that will STILL appear on PS so where's the victory? It looks like a stalemate to me.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

*bleu-ocelot* said:
amp316 said:

Final Fantasy aint been good until it hit the Playstation. Yeah, I said it.

So wrong. Have you even played the previous games?