By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: 'Stealing Playstation franchises is very important to us'

Pristine20 said:
Shameless said:
DMeisterJ said:
Thrillhouse said:
That's just an awesome cocky interview.
Guys got some brass...

Balls!?

Truth is, without stealing exclusives, 360 owners would be stuck with Halo, Fable, Forza, Viva Pinata, and Perfect Dark Zero.

MS had to steal, or they had nothing.

I think Sony had it all to lose this generation. Going from first to last place with the amount of exclusive third party content they had, it was always going to be hard to hold onto any of their franchises.

The thing is, unlike the original xbox, these games will still come to ps3...even SO4. Anyone can quote me on this. When it boils down to it, the war now lies on the 1st party side and sony's 1st party trumps M$.

Exactly.

Third-party exclusives are going the way of the dodo.

It relies on first parties for sales.  And Sony's 1st party >>>>>>>>>>> Microsoft's 1st party.

Around the Network

This just demonstrate the different between Microsoft and Sony when it comes to 3rd party support. You can call it "moneyhat", "stealing" or whatever the fact is Microsoft go out and aggressively catered and provide the 3rd party with what they want or need.

Sony took a different route this gen, if you think Microsoft is cocky now, they go read some of Sony statement when PS3 is about to launch. (Also I don't see anything that is cocky in Shane Kim response, just more of typical platform cheerleading that all corporate suit do for the company they WORK for).

There sure is a lot of butt hurting and bitter tear from this Final Fantasy ... I can't even imagine if that other game also come to 360 what would happen.

amp316 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Thrillhouse said:
That's just an awesome cocky interview.
Guys got some brass...

Balls!?

Truth is, without stealing exclusives, 360 owners would be stuck with Halo, Fable, Forza, Viva Pinata, and Perfect Dark Zero.

MS had to steal, or they had nothing.

..and Perfect Dark was stolen from Nintendo. It was good back in those days.

Actually, Rare, the developer of PR, were sold to Microsoft by Nintendo. BUT, NAH, YOU'RE RIGHT, MICROSOFT GRABBED RARE AND RAN~!

DMeisterJ said:
Whoa.

Shane's getting a little cocky. Hell, he even pissed on Nintendo by laughing at them.

Guess he should revisit the last few months NPD or VGC weekly sales. Sure he won't be laughing then.

I do not think he would bother checking up on weekly sales numbers. If X360 sells 40 million consoles for this generation. Sell over 400 million games. Reach 25 million XBox Live subscriptions. The MS console gaming division would of been extremely successful. What the competition does you can not control. A company's directors must try and make their company the most profitable it can become. Nintendo and Sony both have a lot more experience in the video game console industry.

kowenicki said:
why did you put "stealing" when he actually says "taking"?

Because spreading FUD and misleading are the way to go here.  Even certain mod does it why are you surprise.

Around the Network

I don't see anyone riding Nintendo's ass for Capcom bringing Dead Rising to Wii (mind you, I'm elated that they did )

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
lightbleeder said:
This is all Sony's fault and we know it people, they were arrogant and the PS3 is still very expensive for most console gamers...

So they were supposed to pay all third parties to keep exclusives? Isn't M$ arrogant? If they paid for all these exclusives, doesn't it nullify the point of having them in the first place i.e to make money. You realize that they probably made nothing off mgs4 because they bundled the game and probably didn't charge Konami for royalties even while some of their engineers helped in the game's production...just check mgs4's credits.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

mysticD said:
kowenicki said:

Because spreading FUD and misleading are the way to go here.  Even certain mod does it why are you surprise.

So what's the difference between taking and stealing?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

mysticD said:
kowenicki said:

It's been insane since the FF13 megaton. Obviously some guys still haven't digested the news.

edit:@previous poster - stealing is illicit apropiation, taking isn't necessarily. Thus by saying it's stealing, the whole thing is constructed as MS doing something illegal then gloating about it.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

lightbleeder said:
This is all Sony's fault and we know it people, they were arrogant and the PS3 is still very expensive for most console gamers...

stfu. Expensive? ha. I guess those fantard glasses are foggier than I thought.