By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Potential/Current PS3 owners: Does b/c matter to you?

It would matter to me considering I've never owned a PS2.

Around the Network

Although my vote is too late to count, it is important to me. That's one of the reasons I bought a 60GB when they were on the way out.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I love my 60GB, although if it didn't have B/C I could live with it since I have a PS2 slim.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Its nice, but I have yet to use my PS3 to play a PS2 or PS1 game. I have a 60 Gig.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

It's a convenient feature, but I have a PS2 if I really want to play those games. I own a 60gb PS3 and B/c is not an important feature to me. It doesn't make or break the experience.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

I'm late, but yes, it matters, now I probably will get a PS2 first, and a PS3 at the end of the gen, so that means that I should get a 360 in the next few months...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Yes,because I'll never have past generations systems,that's why I bought a 60 GB full BC.

yes it does matter, who wouldnt want to enjoy great games from the ps2

I know my vote doesn't count, as I have fewer than 200 posts (this is actually my first post!) and voting's closed, but BC very much matters to me. I never owned a PS1 or PS2, but my girlfriend has lots of PS1 and PS2 games. So, in order to play them, I use my PS3. I hunted down a 20GB PS3 specifically so that I could have the most BC available.

Yes, the best racer on the PS3 is still GT3 a-spec, or GT4.