By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Potential/Current PS3 owners: Does b/c matter to you?

Not at all.

I barely play my PS3 either, so the PS2 isn't going to get it either.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

The PS1 and PS2 have two of the best game libraries in video game history. Lack of B/C is a pretty big deal for someone like myself.

Though despite having chosen the PS1 and PS2 as my consoles of choice the last two generations I'm sure you'd say my opinion doesn't matter anyway.

PS1 B/C was a huge deal for the PS2, you weren't just buying the next system, but you were carrying over your entire game library. Combined with the phenomenon of the hyper-successful Playstation One remake there was no incentive to just drop the PS1 game library like a brick either, it was a continued beneficiary existance of the two consoles.

Now, not only does the PS2 and PS3 exist in contrast to this as two consoles worlds apart, the PS3 has hastened the dissapearance of the PS2. Though to be honest, the Ps3 is not trying to appeal to the people who bought the PS1 and PS2, it's trying to appeal to the people who bought the Xbox and Xbox 360, a demographic who B/C has never really mattered.

Well, I really can't answer only yes or no, it depends: if Sony releases in some years a version with BD recorder, I could buy one as soon as its price is under 250€, by then there would be also a lot of bargain priced games, so I wouldn't be forced to pay more (or not much, at least) for console games compared to PC games.
I don't have a PS2 and I'm not very interested in PS2 games, so for me the matter is reduced to a calculation: BC would drive or keep prices up in the immediate future, but if in the mid and long term it drives sales up much more than without BC, so that after the first phase, price drop faster, despite the added value, it's very OK for me, otherwise no.
Anyway, I'd like even more a PS4 with BD recorder and enough memory (4 or 8GB) and general purpose PPC cores (for basic use two PPC cores would be enough, but in 2010 or 2011 4 PPC cores should be cheap enough and much more far-sighted) to totally substitute a PC (PS3 falls short for this, to much relief to MS). And yes, in that case BC would be welcome, as I'd like for such an object a versatility as broad as possible.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Not really, i mean there was huge spike in 40gb sales when Walmart started 100$ GC. So one can imagine how much PS3 sell when they drop the price to 299$ but i don't think its happning anytime soon.

No!