By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Potential/Current PS3 owners: Does b/c matter to you?

Only people who own a PlayStation 3, or are actually planning on owning one answer this question.  If you don't fall in either category, please don't come in here posting.

Simple yes or no question.

Accounts with under 200 posts need not reply, as your data will not be accounted for.

I just want to take an extremely small sample size and look at the data.

My answer:  No.

Current results:

Yes -27

No -27

Sorry slimeattack, 200 posts or over.

Around the Network

When GoW3 comes out count a sold PS3 in plus from me ;) And no I dont care about BC , I still have a PS2 and I barely play on it ... if it brokes down Il probably wont even care .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Yes!
My ps2 is old and icky. I would love nothing more than to toss it out onto the road.

Wanna know why I never ended up buying a ps3 like I said I would afer GTA4 released? No BC SKU in PAL >_>

Yes

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I have a 40 GB and it doesn't matter for me.

Around the Network

i dont have one yet and it is very important for me

It doesnt matter to me. I bought my ps3 to play ps3 games. If the console has BC, thats just a bonus.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

To me it dosent so No.

Doesn't matter to me, I still have my PS2 which still seems to work.

As a current PS3 owner who has owned a PS1, PS2, and PSP I have to say that yes...it is very important to me. I think it is very disappointing that Sony is not focusing on an important aspect. As a fan of the PlayStation brand, I don't see the PS1, PS2, or PS3 as different consoles. I see them as one in the same: PlayStation.

Now I wouldn't complain if they had a "core" console without BC and another console to chose with BC, but it's really disappointing Sony is not giving the consumer a choice in the matter. Including BC ensures that not just that generation can be enjoyed, but previous generations for generations to come. I see it like History: It should be preserved.

Consoles like the NES last a long time...but even then, they will eventually putter out from wear and tear. Having BC in future consoles ensures that past console is supported. It would be upsetting to have an old console break down only for it to not be supported. You would have no way of playing your old games...unless of course you turn to emulators.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus