By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Potential/Current PS3 owners: Does b/c matter to you?

Yes.
Bur NOt that much.
it`s just nice to have an option.

Somehow, i still think, that there is a chance for SW BC announcement This year. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Yes, very much. Especially on a console like the PS3, where the primary source of games is still previous generations.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Yes, a lot.

But just not as much as to prevent me from buying it.

I have a PS3, and yes, it does matter to me. To be honest, the PS3 doesn't have a very good game library, so the ability to play PS2 games is very welcome.

Well I'm no dupe, just haven't been on this site for long. Yes it mattered to me that's why i brought a second hand 60gb (living in the UK) machine. Its only emulation though so i do wonder whether BC could be sold on PSN. My knowledge of such things is shaky but if i was Sony i would be looking into that.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network

It matters to me. I'm thinking about buying one for the blue-ray and potential jrpg's. Until some decent rpgs come out, I'd like to be able to play my old ones in a better resolution.

It was the most important deciding factor in my purchase of a ps3. I have a 60gb so I'm straight. I always got the feeling that it was one of those things where it was better to be an early adopter and I really feel that the ps3 won't be getting dumbed down like this if Kutaragi was still around.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

If you like stuff like persona 3F like I do and Draken Gaurd or going back and playing Saga Frontier 2 or Rouge Galaxies then yes it matters.

To people with PS2's still maybe not so much. I gave my PS2 away.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I´m a potencial owner and I have more than 200 posts, WOOHOO!

OP - I don´t care at all about BC. I had a PS2 and played it to death. I want some PS3 games now :D

www.jamesvandermemes.com

dib8rman said:
If you like stuff like persona 3F like I do and Draken Gaurd or going back and playing Saga Frontier 2 or Rouge Galaxies then yes it matters.

To people with PS2's still maybe not so much. I gave my PS2 away.

I still have my ps2 and its working perfectly. However, I like having only 1 piece of equipment playing all my games and movies and streaming content from my PC into my game room. My ps3 does this quite well.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler