By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Potential/Current PS3 owners: Does b/c matter to you?

nope havent played a last gen game since i got my HD tv and im not gonna...

Around the Network

No.

Before purchasing my PS3 I thought that having a PS3 with BC was a must. I've had my PS3 now for over half a year and I have yet to play any PS1 or PS2 games on it.

One simple answer?  I don't think I can do that, but YES.

Why has to do with lack of physical space, lack of enough power and video inputs, upscaling on the PS3 is better than PS2 native, having one less console, and there are still a dozen or more PS2 games (plus more coming) that I want to play.  All that plus I got rid of my PS2 about a year ago becasue I planned to get a BC PS3....

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Yes,

it is not a big deal cause I ca, take PS2

but PS2 visual are said to suck on HD TV ...

so I want PS2 BC

but dont worry, they day I really PS3, I buy it with or without BC

I m just waiting for more big games

Time to Work !

Yes, very important. I still own and play a lot of ps1/2 games. And all the equipment next to my tv is taking up a lot of space...

Sadly in Europe we have no other choice but to buy one without bc... and that is exactly why i haven't bought one yet.

Maybe i'll buy an American 80 gb with bc, cause i also own an american ps2. But that means i won't be able to use european dvd's... confusing

I hold this against sony, and maybe, considering all the rpg's that the ps3 does not have. i might just for the time being... betray my (in previous generations) favorite system...

Around the Network

I bought a PS3 to play PS3 games. So BC is worthless to me.

Accounts with under 200 posts need not reply, as your data will not be accounted for.

uh excuse me? and the reason for this is....

I think I'll get to 200 posts at some point :). BC is huge to me. I have about 5 PS1 games, 7 PS2 games, and 6 PS3 games. Prior to getting a PS3, I had never owned a Sony system. There were some games in particular that I wanted to pick up but I won't elaborate here.

Edit: I guess I am at 200 posts.  I think had I owned a PS2 in the past it wouldn't be that bad.

weaveworld said:
Accounts with under 200 posts need not reply, as your data will not be accounted for.

uh excuse me? and the reason for this is....

Because people could make alternate accounts to skew data.

Anyone who has 200 posts is generally not a dupe.

hmm, maybe then you should use subscription date?