By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - At TGS, do you expect Nintendo to focus on core games, unlike E3?

I think the Dreamcast had the most compelling launch lineup ever. At least as far as hardcore gamers are concerned.

Make sure the shadow you chase is not the one you cast.

Around the Network
Resident_Hazard said:

For fuck sakes, even Legend of Zelda has been simplified ever since the N64.  You use the "Action" button to do most of the stuff in the game.  Jumping is automatic.  You don't need to use every single button.  And with all that simplicity, Ocarina of Time is still considered the pinnacle of the series.  Wind Waker is still powerfully loved by Nintendo fans--and that was the easiest damn Zelda title ever made!

Your post is amusing but this part makes me wonder if you played Link to the Past or any Zelda game before that.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Resident_Hazard said:

For fuck sakes, even Legend of Zelda has been simplified ever since the N64.  You use the "Action" button to do most of the stuff in the game.  Jumping is automatic.  You don't need to use every single button.  And with all that simplicity, Ocarina of Time is still considered the pinnacle of the series.  Wind Waker is still powerfully loved by Nintendo fans--and that was the easiest damn Zelda title ever made!

Your post is amusing but this part makes me wonder if you played Link to the Past or any Zelda game before that.

Seeing as how I only grew up with Zelda, and the original was the first game I ever beat (and one of the first I ever owned after I bought my NES with my own hard-saved allowance money)--I have played all previous iterations*.  Zelda was never all that complicated when it came to gameplay.  My point was more along the line that even when they upgraded to the N64, the controls were kept simple and streamlined so anyone could do it.  The only Zeldas I don't have are the last three major adventures because, let's face it, the series has needed an overhaul for a long damn time.  I'm not at all worried about the shake-up they'll no doubt give the next Zelda game.  I just hope they do enough to drop Gannondorf/Ganon for a while to make the story as original as the gameplay will no doubt be.

I'm so sick of that guy.

Ridley too.  I'm goddamn sick of seeing Ridley show up in every single Metroid game.  How many fucking times can one guy die?!  No, this isn't funny anymore!  No more Ridley!  No more Metroid stories cluttered between Metroid I and Metroid II! 

*I own and have finished all normal Zelda games prior to Minish Cap, with the exception of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link--which I never liked.  By "normal," I'm not including lame CD-i games or the multiplayer-focused Four Swords fiascos.  I still have my original gold cartridge NES Legend of Zelda, though the Game Genie long ago fried the internal memory.  Those damn thing should've come with warnings about using them with games with internal game-save batteries.  Lost an entire Base Wars season to that thing, too. Also, my old-school leanings can be easily shown by the either my game collection or my avatar--which is my copy of ET that I bought a few months back for a laugh.  It's sitting on my original, still operating after 17+ years, NES.

Resident_Hazard said:
fkusumot said:

TGS is a Sony show.

Then I guess it was Sony that revealed the Wii Remote at the TGS in 2006.

No. It was NINTENDO that had playable systems on the floor of E3 2006. Welcome back from the past.

i see no reason to develop more core games on wii, simply because majority of them wont sell, no more heroes for example.

they will stick at casual games because thats where they are making more money than anyone else. id be heavily suprised if wii shifted to core games. imo it wouldnt make business sence. and that they will mainly stick to casual style games

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Nope.... I wish though...

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:

Does nintendo even attend TGS????

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Dgc1808 said:

Does nintendo even attend TGS????

Guess not...

4 ≈ One

Resident_Hazard said:

Zelda was never all that complicated when it came to gameplay.  My point was more along the line that even when they upgraded to the N64, the controls were kept simple and streamlined so anyone could do it.  The only Zeldas I don't have are the last three major adventures because, let's face it, the series has needed an overhaul for a long damn time.  I'm not at all worried about the shake-up they'll no doubt give the next Zelda game.  I just hope they do enough to drop Gannondorf/Ganon for a while to make the story as original as the gameplay will no doubt be.

I'm so sick of that guy.

Ridley too.  I'm goddamn sick of seeing Ridley show up in every single Metroid game.  How many fucking times can one guy die?!  No, this isn't funny anymore!  No more Ridley!  No more Metroid stories cluttered between Metroid I and Metroid II!

It's not a matter of keeping the controls simple.  They're not going to get that complicated; in fact, it's likely they'd only get more complicated if Nintendo decided to deviate from Zelda controls as they defined them back in OoT.

As for shaking up the series.  I want to play as Zelda/Shiek.  'nuff said.

And I like Ridley too.  I'm still waiting for the day he and Samus team up and she gets to ride him Panzer Dragoon style.

Onyxmeth said:

Miyamoto was asked in an interview about Pikmin and that's when he spilled the beans. Would he have done so without being asked? I doubt it. They also announced new games from Team Mario and Team Zelda. Does that mean we're months away fom them too? I think Miyamoto was asked or wanted to clean up the wreckage of the Nintendo conference with a little damage control. I wouldn't expect Pikmin this holiday.

Thats not the way it went down. He had people hounding him all day asking about new games and said a bunch of teams were working on something. He did specifically name them as the Zelda, Mario, and Pikmin teams but made no mention o0f the game they are working on. He explicitly said later on that Pikmin was in development for the Wii. The Pikmin game was named at a Nintendo press event as well. The other games were at best alluded to while Pikmin was announced.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229