By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - At TGS, do you expect Nintendo to focus on core games, unlike E3?

yushire said:

^^^

Thats what I meant, who knows when will Pikmin 3 released...

And Iwata said they will only be announcing games a few months before release. So that means pikmin should be coming soon.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
sc94597 said:

Um they announced pikmin. They also said they won't be announcing games more than a few months before release, so I think we could be seeing pikmin this year.

They announced pikmim because they were cornered and finally caved. They didn't even have anything to show whatsoever or anything to say about it other than "we are working on it." I wouldn't count on it being out before Fall 09.

Thats what I thought too... if not for the question asked by a interviewer I think Miyamoto will not mention it.

@sc----> Thats what we also think with the new Kid Icarus where is it now?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I don't expect Nintendo to show up at TGS at all. They never do.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

I'm sure they'll still announce some stuff like last year.

fkusumot said:

TGS is a Sony show.

Or so it used to be. Japan isn't digging Sony much these days. Would be the key opportunity to drop a trump card.

Ah Spaceworld, thats the one I got confused with TGS. Spaceworld is where Nintendo usually does big things

Around the Network

Why wouldn't they choose to release information about these core games at a "Gamers Day" meeting on an arbitrary wednesday in the middle of the year? Being that their target audience for core games would (likely) know very rapidly about the games they announced at an event like this, why should they use the few events a year that get mainstream attention to announce core games?

3rd parties will likely highlight all their upcoming Wii RPGs at TGS.

HappySqurriel said:

Why wouldn't they choose to release information about these core games at a "Gamers Day" meeting on an arbitrary wednesday in the middle of the year? Being that their target audience for core games would (likely) know very rapidly about the games they announced at an event like this, why should they use the few events a year that get mainstream attention to announce core games?

Indeed, why should these companies even bother to care about their most loyal customers.

fkusumot said:

TGS is a Sony show.

Then I guess it was Sony that revealed the Wii Remote at the TGS in 2006.

yushire said:
In other words just like what bengabenga said NO, Wii Music and AC is the only games we got from Nintendo this holiday season. No Kid Icarus, No Zelda, No Pikimin, No F-Zero, no key franchises...

Yeah, we just have to admit the conference was a disappointment but so as other E3 conference like MS and SONY. The only megaton announcement we've known so far was FFXIII on the 360 thats all...

Factor5 has only been on-board with the Wii for, I think, less than a year.  As they're the rumored Kid Icarus developers, I think it's pure folly to believe that a new Kid Icarus game would even be out this year.  Pikmin is in development, and have you people all seriously forgotten about Disaster: Day of Crisis?  Just because it hasn't been shown at E3 (yet) doesn't mean it isn't still slated for a holiday 2008 release.  There is still Fatal Frame IV and a bunch of 3rd party titles coming out.