By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VF5 on X360 Gets Higher Anti-Aliasing

Gballzack said:
Will the 360 version have online play?

Its not possible for VF5 to have internet play at this time. There isn't a fast enough connection available for VF to retain its timing.

Around the Network

Um ... me thinks she was referring to VF5. And, the answer is no.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sega/why-vf5-doesnt-have-online-241781.php

Darc Requiem said:

Its not possible for VF5 to have internet play at this time. There isn't a fast enough connection available for VF to retain its timing

We need FiOS before we can even consider VF5 online!!!

Darc Requiem said:
Gballzack said:
Will the 360 version have online play?

Its not possible for VF5 to have internet play at this time. There isn't a fast enough connection available for VF to retain its timing.

It's not connection speed that is the problem. The speed of light is the problem. Data can only move so far and so fast before there is lag.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:

It's not connection speed that is the problem. The speed of light is the problem. Data can only move so far and so fast before there is lag.

Right. A container truck filled with hard-disks has an amazing bandwidth, not so good latency though. But right now, I'd say routers are the problem, not links. That's not going to improve much though.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

Sorry....but tekken is the ultimate fighting game or at least the best that we have seen.

Tekken is all about timing. Whether a punch or a kick, etc, it is timing, just like music.

Tekken also has a diverse array of fighting styles from caoperia, to boxing, to hard and soft karate, trick characters, etc. You can bob and weave as eddy, change stance w/ hwarong, do spectacular caopera moves as eddy or christy...., law's very linear kung-fu,  or get into mishima style karate ( REALLY HARD) or jin's flurry of never-ending punches and kicks, even fighters that I like to use defensively like Lei are great and really artistic. 

Tekken has this ONLINE game feature now. Instead of having friends over all the time, I can just go online and, I get to play somebody completely NEW!!!! This is just great, b/c people end up playing the same way over and over again unless they break out of their predictability and learn new things. This way, I might be able to play several matches against one person and learn their tricks.....

I was going to go to the University of Tx but my grades weren't up to par. No worries, my friend robert joined the Tekken club that they had. I think that it is cool that they had a club exclusively dedicated to Tekken.

Around the Network

So is this the start of the anti-timed-exclusive release?

That is to say, whoever gets the game first gets the inferior game?

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

Do you think Super Smash Bros will work online? Bit off-topic, I know...but I've always worried about fast fighter games working online...I assumed if FPSs work, why not fighters like VF5?

And yeah, the last console to get a game is usually the best choice. 360 always has good anti-aliasing though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

smash bros would be awesome online....that is the best thing to play on the weekends. I love drinking a cervesa and getting tipsy to the point where I really wanna go all out on shams bors and talk lik tis.

FPS are surprisingly simple to put through Online. All it is, is bullet trajectories and if they meet the other characters or not. Fighting games are decidedly more complex, what with the fierce timing required for high level play. Smash Brothers will hide this because Smash Brothers is fun even if you lose to lag or a cheap item. It's supposed to be unorganized chaos to begin with.

dallas said:
Sorry....but tekken is the ultimate fighting game or at least the best that we have seen.

Tekken is all about timing. Whether a punch or a kick, etc, it is timing, just like music.

Tekken also has a diverse array of fighting styles from caoperia, to boxing, to hard and soft karate, trick characters, etc. You can bob and weave as eddy, change stance w/ hwarong, do spectacular caopera moves as eddy or christy...., law's very linear kung-fu, or get into mishima style karate ( REALLY HARD) or jin's flurry of never-ending punches and kicks, even fighters that I like to use defensively like Lei are great and really artistic.

Tekken has this ONLINE game feature now. Instead of having friends over all the time, I can just go online and, I get to play somebody completely NEW!!!! This is just great, b/c people end up playing the same way over and over again unless they break out of their predictability and learn new things. This way, I might be able to play several matches against one person and learn their tricks.....

I was going to go to the University of Tx but my grades weren't up to par. No worries, my friend robert joined the Tekken club that they had. I think that it is cool that they had a club exclusively dedicated to Tekken.
Tekken being the ultimate fighting game is your opinion Dallas. All fighting games are about timing. For you to tout Tekkens timing over VF5's is...well laughable. VF5 requires the most precise timing of any fighting game period. Thats not opinion, that is fact. It precisely why VF5 can't be played on-line. THe VF characters have the largest move sets of any fighting game. Namco went for more characters in Tekken, AM2 went for deeper but fewer characters in Virtua Fighter.