By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF13 on 360 and Sony cashes in on it behind the scenes.

As many, if not all of you know Sony owns a small but substantial stake in Square Enix, 8.9% to be exact*.  In a ironic twist of events they saw their stock value rise with 5.22%** today to 20.16 € and the fact that one of 2 FF13 (versus is still PS3 exclusive) games will go multiplatform to the competition provided that. I finbd it extremely funny that Sony seems to profit from the 360 fanboys who are indirectly fueling the competition.

* http://www.square-enix.com/jp/ir/e/stock/stockholder/

** http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=9684&m=BE

Either this is just a stroke of luck for Sony or a brilliant marketing plan in which they use their influence to promote the PS3 version as superiour and Blu ray as a nessecity. As the second biggest shareholder in the company they certainly carry enough weight. Shareholders (1 and 2 are the same) above Sony are both Enix for those who do not know.

One thing is for sure, 360 fanboys (like the ones to be found here) made Sony a whole lot richer today. Sony thanks you for that

Edit: wtf is up with the letters?

Edit 2: for the people that don't get it. Stock value of companys you own are being counted in the value of the mother company (Sony in this case). Stock value increases of companys in which Sony has a share are part of profit. Nice tax trick if it didn't though.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Around the Network

Sony said they were after cash at this point of this console generation.

They don't care if one of their beloved franchises is shared with their competitor if that amkes them $$$. they do what they have to in order to lower those losses.

I'm sure PSN will see lots of advertising in the coming future. There will be god of war happy meals at Burger King...etc.

What is the point of you your post actually? Are you saying xbox didn't get anything in the FF13 announcement? And that Sony is gaining everything from this?

No, I said that stock value of a company that is partially owned by Sony sky rocketed by announcing FF13 on their competitors console. The 360 just made Sony richer.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Okay? 360 fanboys made SE's stock rise... how? I think I see what you're driving at, but "Microsoft" and "360 fanboys" are not interchangeable. FYI.

So everyone thats an employee at Sony or Nintendo should destroy any operating system or software by MS so as to not give them money?

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Around the Network
Tigawoods said:

So everyone thats an employee at Sony or Nintendo should destroy any operating system or software by MS so as to not give them money?

No, Sony and MS work together on the pc field. They only compete in the console field. Giving your competition money in the field your competing in is a bad thing though.

Gazz said:
No, I said that stock value of a company that is partially owned by Sony sky rocketed by announcing FF13 on their competitors console. The 360 just made Sony richer.

True...but Sony just made 360 better console since 9% of a Sony owned company announced they will release the biggest 2009 game on an xbox 360.

Both parties win?

errr.... did they sell their stock? otherwise they made NOTHING

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

badgenome said:
Okay? 360 fanboys made SE's stock rise... how? I think I see what you're driving at, but "Microsoft" and "360 fanboys" are not interchangeable. FYI.

By hyping and making the stock market aware of a big chance for some quick profit. The tons of threads do not go unnoticed.

so 10% of Micrsofts profit will go to Sony? LOL thats brilliant!