By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I the only one underwhelmed by GH3 Aerosmith Wii sales ?

Ah, GH: Aerosmith, classic example of why 3rd parties don't develop for the Wii.

/sarcasm

Around the Network
arsenal009 said:
Ah, GH: Aerosmith, classic example of why 3rd parties don't develop for the Wii.

/sarcasm

You better have a good reason for waking the dead.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Now that I wasted time looking at this thread let's see how it ultimately turned out (exactly like I said it would)

1 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Activision 0.80m N/A 0.80m 04th Feb 09
2 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Activision 0.43m N/A 0.43m 04th Feb 09
3 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Activision 0.69m N/A 0.69m 04th Feb 09
4 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Activision 0.51m N/A 0.51m 04th Feb 09

Gamerace said:

Now that I wasted time looking at this thread let's see how it ultimately turned out (exactly like I said it would)

1 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Activision 0.80m N/A 0.80m 04th Feb 09
2 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Activision 0.43m N/A 0.43m 04th Feb 09
3 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Activision 0.69m N/A 0.69m 04th Feb 09
4 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Activision 0.51m N/A 0.51m 04th Feb 09

ROFFLE!

Biased, uninformed threads will always come back to bite someone in the ass. Nothing ever stays dead here.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

What's even more remarkable is that at the time this was posted, the Wii did not have a significant user base advantage over the 360 (less than 1m consoles in America). And yet the Wii version still outsold the 360 version of Guitar Hero Aerosmith with ease... just as everyone who watches the typical sales pattern of these games predicted.

Guitar Hero World Tour Wii (2.56m) has nearly outsold the other two console versions combined (360 = 1.75m, PS3 = 1.04m). Nevertheless, no one seems to be arguing that Activision should drop support of Guitar Hero for the HD platforms because the Wii version sold more... you know, like we hear all the time about certain franchises (Call of Duty, cough cough). I find this interesting on a number of levels.

Although I generally don't like seeing threads necroed, I think it was appropriate here.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network

Beautiful appropriate necro. Great times.

inst aerosmith huge in japan... might see good sales there

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

To understand arsenal009's necropost in context, please visit this thread... 

Or better yet, just this post.

I think it should be understood now given the evidence here and a multitude of other games that Wii sales trends cannot be comapred directly with the HD console sales trends.

The rEVOLution is not being televised