By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Wii Is the Best Product Ever

ckmlb said:
DonWii said:
ckmlb and his sarcasm... It hasn't cured them yet, but it is well on its way to doing so. Get it right.

Actually, the PS3 is literally curing cancer with the folding@home software on the PS3.

hahahaha... lol. 

not that it's bad for us scientists to get as much publicity as we can, but at least we do know that folding@home is not even in the same galaxy as curing cancer.  but if we don't say that, nobody would download it.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
Lingyis said:
ckmlb said:
DonWii said:
ckmlb and his sarcasm... It hasn't cured them yet, but it is well on its way to doing so. Get it right.

Actually, the PS3 is literally curing cancer with the folding@home software on the PS3.

hahahaha... lol.

not that it's bad for us scientists to get as much publicity as we can, but at least we do know that folding@home is not even in the same galaxy as curing cancer. but if we don't say that, nobody would download it.

It's contributing lol unlike any other gaming machine has in the past :P

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Lingyis said:
ckmlb said:
DonWii said:

hahahaha... lol. 

not that it's bad for us scientists to get as much publicity as we can, but at least we do know that folding@home is not even in the same galaxy as curing cancer.  but if we don't say that, nobody would download it.

I believe the XBOX has doen similiar things(althoughit is SETI). I know that gaming PCs have done this for a long time. Oh wait you meant gaming consoles.

kber81 said:

Best product? Few days ago I was able to meet this awesome machine. Yes, I'm biased etc. but I was thrilled because this all stuff looks even worse than I thought... On lcd tv it looks horrible. Wii sports is a joke. I haven't seen such crap since PSX. It's an insult for gamers. Yes, I do know about simply look idea but... shit... this isn't a cute apeal... it looks messy. Actually, now I agree it's pandemia... why people buy it? I'm telling you only asset of this machine is price. People buy it because they want to believe it's a next gen. No it's not. It's a joke.

Horror... ok, now I'm ok. I didn't spam this forum with my feelings earlier but... this thread is too much.

Heh… bit harsh there.
Did you actually play it, or did you just keep looking at the lcd tv?

Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess.

sarcasm thread :)

anyhow, I think Wii is somewhat overhyped.
and i think that largely due to sony teraflops on marketing.
sony managed to spew so much lies that they made a lot of people completely lose confident in their products.
meanwhile, nintendo just quietly let the people spread the good words for them. they've got nothing to loose, it's the consumers spreading those "lies" after all, can't blame 'em.

now... hopefully sony's reps would continue to shut up just a bit longer until people forget their last lie :/ (hmmm, we should have a thread that list all the lies that the 3 companies spewed to see who are worse)

Around the Network

IMO both the Nintendo Wii (Wii-mote) and PS3 (hardware specs) are excellent products. But....

I think it's in the interest of PC magazines that the Nintendo Wii continues to do well and inhibit the PS3 from take off. The PS3 is very powerful and capable of outperforming PCs in various ways with regard to gaming due to its cell processor. The PC gaming market has been in decline for many years now.

In the good old days the Amiga was also a lot more powerful than PCs, not only with regard to gaming but also with regard to multimedia features. You would hardly ever read anything possitive in PC mags with regard to the Amiga.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

ckmlb said:

I expect backlash to this, but someone claiming the entire library of PS3 games current and future are crap is totally a valid point...

Nah... I'm here for a while and members know my preferences so most of Wii supporters will just ignore me... That was just an explosion.

@ Ray007

Nope. I didn't play. It's visual disappointment.

Galaki said:
sarcasm thread :)

anyhow, I think Wii is somewhat overhyped.
and i think that largely due to sony teraflops on marketing.
sony managed to spew so much lies that they made a lot of people completely lose confident in their products.
meanwhile, nintendo just quietly let the people spread the good words for them. they've got nothing to loose, it's the consumers spreading those "lies" after all, can't blame 'em.

now... hopefully sony's reps would continue to shut up just a bit longer until people forget their last lie :/ (hmmm, we should have a thread that list all the lies that the 3 companies spewed to see who are worse)

yeah exactly, who's doing the overhyping? It's certainly not Nintendo but we all opinions on the internet amount to nothing in the real world. Word of mouth is really the best publicity (or worse) you can get.

The guy's opinion in the article doesn't mean anyting either-play what you like-nobody cares. 

If this trend continues yes the wii can be the best selling product ever, but I dont really think it will last too long since most people interested in the nintendo wii are younger gamers not much hardcore gamers which is what sony and microsoft is trying to attract with there consoles.

mM
MikeB said:
IMO both the Nintendo Wii (Wii-mote) and PS3 (hardware specs) are excellent products. But....

I think it's in the interest of PC magazines that the Nintendo Wii continues to do well and inhibit the PS3 from take off. The PS3 is very powerful and capable of outperforming PCs in various ways with regard to gaming due to its cell processor. The PC gaming market has been in decline for many years now.

In the good old days the Amiga was also a lot more powerful than PCs, not only with regard to gaming but also with regard to multimedia features. You would hardly ever read anything possitive in PC mags with regard to the Amiga.

Hm, interesting, that's possible.

Although there are already games that the PS3 can't handle in development, such as Crysis, and the PS3 already been surpassed by top end PCs, I can totally imagine someone feeling the PS3 has encroached on the PC's territory in some vague way, even if the PC can do a few things the PS3 can't. PC Gamers need someone to blame for the declining popularity, and the PS3 makes a nice scapegoat :p

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">